Who is the de facto leader of the Republican Party?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Soggy_Popcorn

THE Irish Ninja
Feb 3, 2008
"everybody just flip flopping 'round issues"

That pretty much sums up US politics. Until we come up with more than a 2-party system or one group remains in office long enough to actually do something positive (preferably the Democrats), then really nothing will get done and the system will continue to screw over the general public. By the way, there is no 'ME' in 'US'.

The irony of what you're all saying is that more parties would actually equal more indecision. It would just be a more chaotic scene, still full of a bunch of shady politicians looking out for their own asses. Not to mention that the whole "checks and balances" concept kind of promotes indecision. It's intentionally difficult to get anything huge done in Washington.

if you ever took a college course on anything politically tinged, you'd know: exactly what those liberal profs wanted you to know.

Fixed. >.>

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Well, do you have anything else to prove what "America" wants?
I guess I should qualify what I meant.

Random sampling polling doesn't tell you anything. You can pretty much get a random sample poll that agrees with you and is not a dishonest poll in a number of different ways. You can, however, trust official polling, since that is what we are attempting to poll against with random sampling polling.

For example, I'd say that the upset in Massachusetts is at least a good indicator that Americans, in general, are not happy with the Congress and possibly the whole current administration.

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
Even though Massachusetts already has state healthcare and has nothing to benefit from the senate/house bill? That the Republican candidate was somewhat moderate and has nothing against their state plan, while the democrat was a poor choice and ran a terrible campaign?

Perhaps Virginia would be a better state. Even with the Republican candidates awful essay he wrote, he beat the democrat very handily (Though I do live in VA and I can say that Deeds ran a very awful campaign as well).

Last edited:

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
Random sampling polling doesn't tell you anything. You can pretty much get a random sample poll that agrees with you and is not a dishonest poll in a number of different ways. You can, however, trust official polling, since that is what we are attempting to poll against with random sampling polling.
what?

For example, I'd say that the upset in Massachusetts is at least a good indicator that Americans, in general, are not happy with the Congress and possibly the whole current administration.
When did Massachusetts become the barometer for political opinions of the American public?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Even though Massachusetts already has state healthcare and has nothing to benefit from the senate/house bill? That the Republican candidate was somewhat moderate and has nothing against their state plan, while the democrat was a poor choice and ran a terrible campaign?
I wasn't even talking about healthcare. I'm not sure it matters WHAT legislation it's over, if people feel continuously disconnected from their elected officials in Washington, they will eventually boot them out.
Perhaps Virginia would be a better state. Even with the Republican candidates awful essay he wrote, he beat the democrat very handily (Though I do live in VA and I can say that Deeds ran a very awful campaign as well).
Maybe. All I'm saying is that it's a lot easier to gauge the political climate based on the results of elections than random sample polling.
When did Massachusetts become the barometer for political opinions of the American public?
It didn't. But Massachusetts isn't really a fence sitting state typically, which is why it is noticeable when a Republican takes an elected position there (or anywhere else in New England, really).

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
They are all Party of "No" Republican's who run on nothing positive. Obama roxors! He & the Democrats bailed out G.W.B's debacle of ruining the economy with the help of 6 years of one party republican rule. They squandered the budget surplus they had been handed, by the Democrats FYI, and started two bogus wars killing tens of thousand and wounding more. The Republican's run on moral & social issues, not real solutions to the nations problems plus their constant fear mongering. You want to go back to that be my guest, not me!

The economy is recovering from the worst recession since the depression. Now is not the time to worry about budget deficits. What got us out of the great depressions? WWII because of all the stimulus spending from the war effort. That is what we are simulating now and its working. Jobs always lag and are the last thing to appear after a recession, especially one as bad as this one. And watch out for China! We are not used to being told what to do by another country. Look at how they are threatening Boeing Corporation.

Obama rulz, just say "No" won't cut it, but I would do Sara Palin in a heart beat!

clark_kent- that's an old name I remember