Who are these?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Damien (PS2 only) - first boss
Rampage (Blue Warboss in PC version, but the PS2 version looks better) - second boss
Xan Mk2 (Green XanMK2 in PC version, but the PS2 version looks better) - final boss
Dominator (PS2 only unfortunately because it's the best playable bot ever made for the Unreal series) - third boss

Xan is still very weak in the PS2 version of UT. Dominator is a real pain in the ass but Skaarj own D:

Steve Garofalo

Jul 26, 2014
Boss Splash Art

Back then, at Epic, our animator James Green created these Boss Models and I skinned them.

James Green was super awesome to work with. I was always eager to texture anything that came my way from him. We were a small team back then. Only three main artists (myself included)

Steve Garofalo

Steve Garofalo

Jul 26, 2014
UT PS2 Boss characters

I'm sorry. I must correct myself. I had a mini-stroke ;{}

Damien>Not sure, might have been skinned by John.
Dominator>John Mueller

Johnny was quite the artist. Us two grunts were stationed together my entire stay at Epic. During long crunch times I think I must have made him watch Blade Runner a dozen times.

I'm really glad that there are still loyal fans involved with this game. Epicgames was my first industry job making games. That was a really enjoyable time. The guys that worked there way back, some still there, were the best people I ever could have worked for.

I'll dig up some UT production art and post if anyone is interested.

Steven

Last edited:

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
I also wonder what's the story with the GothGirl skin that was left unused.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
I'll dig up some UT production art and post if anyone is interested.
If you take the time to do this I promise you it will make a whole bunch of people's days. I'd love to look at it and I'm very sure there are a lot more that would also enjoy the hell out of it. There's been a real resurgence of interest in the beginnings of the games and all the behind-the-scenes stuff too.

Steve Garofalo

Jul 26, 2014
UT PS2_Trophy room pre-concept

A speed layout for the trophy room. This was in the Unreal Tournament Ps2 port if memory serves.

Steve

Attachments

• preconceptUT_Trophy room.jpg
    preconceptUT_Trophy room.jpg
    661.2 KB · Views: 78

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Wooo thanks for some juicy unseen stuff!
Also, the Trophy Room in the PS2 UT was the same as the PC one.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Adding this pic as an attachment for safe-keeping.

[screenshot]http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=103276&stc=1&d=1406486153[/screenshot]

Btw, weren't the two middle characters introduced into UT with a skin pack of something ?

Attachments

• unreal_tournament_team_pose.jpg
    unreal_tournament_team_pose.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 362

Steve Garofalo

Jul 26, 2014
Zur, yes it was a skin pack. I believe there were Runes in it too. This was along time ago so my memory isn't so good. Thanks for pointing that out.

Steve