What's that song??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

thebigbadgrim

Apr 18, 2008
I have the Unreal Anthology. While I install the games, an amazing song plays. Does anyone know what that song is?

By the way, it is NOT in the bonus Unreal Music CD.

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
I have the Unreal Anthology. While I install the games, an amazing song plays. Does anyone know what that song is?

By the way, it is NOT in the bonus Unreal Music CD.

According to CelticWarriors website, it's simply KR-UT2004-Menu.ogg - the main menu theme of UT2004.

He means the music from the Unreal Anthology installer. ;)

And it's a song from Unreal 1 Beta iirc. :) Just slightly revamped. :)

My cousin once hacked the mp3 out of the setup, i'll see if he could do it again. :)

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
I do have the original .IT of the song. You'll need a module player (XMPlay works perfectly) to listen to it though. Winamp also should be able to play it, but probably not accurately. As a bonus, XMPlay will also let you listen to the Unreal and UT UMX (Music) files - just drop them in and play.

I also have a high-quality VBR of the music as heard in the installer, in MP3 format. Unfortunately the upload limits are rather anemic, so I've uploaded it to my site. You can download that MP3 here.

(I also have the source WAV file... the reason the MP3 is at 22 kHz is because the WAV file also is. :p)

No sweet lovemaking to me is necessary... but if you have a hot girlfriend or hot sister, I'll take it. Assuming they're of legal age, of course. :p

Attachments

• Orchtest.rar
    356.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
http://celticwarriors.net/Website/Downloads/Media/Music/Music.htm
A full list of Unreal music with all Unreal Beta ones. Orchtest is there as well, just has the full name.
http://mirsoft.info/gmb/music_info.php?id_file=OTcy
Here you can get all of Unreal music in IT format for WinAmp or ModPlug (I prefer that one). Maybe contains something more, I converted them to MP3 for ease of use. Unreal music is really very nice, probably the best in the series.
And the original WAV file of Orchtest is on the DVD, Autoplay folder?

Now on the Unreal Anthology topic... Just got it myself :) Quite nice, but I have a few questions myself:
When installing, one picture shows a strange UT-build-like map which features a snake-shaped structure. What is it?
One of Unreal 2 screens show Unreal 2 multiplayer... The one where a bunch of marines are attacking other buch of marines on Sanctuary. Looks like it was cut...

Last edited:

Lynxx

Jul 2, 2000
Visit site
The UT3 version of Foregone is a little, well, sucky (I'm cursed with arguably nonintellectual verbage) compared to UT's. Also, Razorback would have been a better choice for UT3's intro music.....imho. :)