What OS do you use?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What OS do you use to play INF on?

• Total voters

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
Pentium IV 3.6 Gig, Intel 925x Chipset, 1GB DDR2 Ram, 256MB ATI X800 XT Platinum Edition PCI-Express Video, SB Audigy2 VS, SB Gigaworks 7.1 Spkrs, Dell 2001FP 20.1" 16MS Flat Panel Display.

I am also running 3 home hosted servers with 2003 Advanced Server on them, 1 remote 2003 Server (where ClanTerritory is hosted) and 1 Windows 2000 Server (Where the gameservers reside).

Last edited:

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
shan said:
Pentium IV 3.6 Gig, Intel 925x Chipset, 1GB DDR2 Ram, 256MB ATI X800 XT Platinum Edition PCI-Express Video, SB Audigy2 VS, SB Gigaworks 7.1 Spkrs, Dell 2001FP 20.1" 16MS Flat Panel Display.

I am also running 3 home hosted servers with 2003 Advanced Server on them, 1 remote 2003 Server (where ClanTerritory is hosted) and 1 Windows 2000 Server (Where the gameservers reside).

Sure, but do you have a really comfy chair? I bet you don't have a really comfy chair. No one can TRULY enjoy their system without a comfy chair.

LieLestoSbrat

Can You Count? Sucka's
Well i Run XP pro on my desktop:

amd 3200XP
1gb Corsair 3500
asus a7n8x deluxe
GF FX 5900 ultra
2x WD 36gb Raptors
and my dual layer dvd-rw (im working towards getting my jolly roger flag :D)
oh and i missed of my logitech z-680's which i love dearly.

For my server, which does run and inf sever now and then so ican play with my mates

dual p3 1ghz
supermicro p3tdde
152mb
2x sata wd 250gb (se)
2x pata wd 120gb (se)
2x pata maxtor 40gb

Gonna upgrade my server soon to 2gb ram and another 2x sata 250gb wd's, but this is when i get the cash. And my plan for my desktop is for it to last till the end of uni (2yrs time). Just a shame this isn't a home cinema thread :D.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
I used to like shan...

At least he didn't mention his mouse so i hope he uses a ballmouse from 1973 which makes screeky noises when he moves it. Then at least my optical random-jumping and moving mouse is better than his.

.. who am i kidding

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
Actually I use a Logitec MX Duo wireless Keyboard and mouse package. It includes the MX700 Wireless mouse...the best wireless mouse I have ever used. Was using Microsoft Bluetooth, but the DUO is much better.

On a side note...anyone seen that new Laser mouse from Logitech...looks interesting, but I think they killed the two thumb buttons and replaced them with gayed up back and forward keys.

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
shan said:
On a side note...anyone seen that new Laser mouse from Logitech...looks interesting, but I think they killed the two thumb buttons and replaced them with gayed up back and forward keys.

I read some reviews: It has beasically the same resolution but works a lot better on critical surfaces. Wireless connection should also be better and I' m sure you can configure any button within the driver. It has two more button functions than the MX500/510/700 etc.

I personally still prefer cable solutions.

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
FYI, on the Logitech page, it said is had 500x the resolution. Of course that may be marketing numbers. ;)

Also, can you point me to a review of the buttons? I am not sure how it could have more button functions. From the pictures, it looks like it has two buttons on top, the scroll wheel and a slider and one button on the side. I only count 6 functions plus tilt, scroll. The MX500 has 8 buttons plus the wheel

Last edited:

Dillinger

-=]N[=-
Sep 5, 2004
Ohio, USA
Am I the only Mac user that still uses OS 9?
Anyway, here's what I play INF on:

iMac G3
Running Mac OS 9.2
8 GB Hard drive
400 mhz
576 MB of RAM
640x480 Resolution(for INF)

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
shan said:
FYI, on the Logitech page, it said is had 500x the resolution. Of course that may be marketing numbers. ;)

Also, can you point me to a review of the buttons? I am not sure how it could have more button functions. From the pictures, it looks like it has two buttons on top, the scroll wheel and a slider and one button on the side. I only count 6 functions plus tilt, scroll. The MX500 has 8 buttons plus the wheel

Sorry, all revies in german, but here you go:

http://www.pcwelt.de/tests/hardware-tests/sonstiges/102613/index.html

http://www.hartware.de/news_37171.html

http://www.pc-experience.de/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=10608

Buttons: 3 Thumb instead of 2, the tilt button around the wheel translates into 2, and the wheel now has 4 way functinality (sideways like MS). In addition to the wheel clickfunctionality + mousebutton 1&2 you end up having 2 more triggers.

Resolution is 800 dpi, just like the MX510 (I happily use currently)

When I understood the technical explanation correctly, the mouse has the same optical signal processing quality as the MX510 which is basically resposible for the resolution. But the laser sensor will recognize structures that are way smaller than the ones the old LED sensor is capabale to differentiate, so it will work smothely on poliched surfaces that were no good for optical mice before... I agree seems somehow contradicting itself.

edit: The 3rd link has pretty good pictures in comparison to a MX 700

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
It seems you can't configure the sideway function of the wheel in the current driver (so you'll currently have as many functions as MX 500 - 900)

I'll personally wait for a succeder of the MX510, which might have improved resolution over the rest of the MX series again...

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
If you cannot configure the sideways function of the wheel then you cannot have as many as the MX500, right? MX500 has:

Left button
Right button
Middle Button
Mousewheel Up
Mousewheel Down
Application Button
Scroll Up Button
Scroll Down Button
Thumb Button 1
Thumb Button 1

That is a total of 10 functions that are programmable.

This new mouse has:

Left Button
Right Button
Middle Button
Mousewheel Left (Not programmable)
Mousewheel Right (Not programmable)
Back Button
Forward Button
Application Button
Scroll Up Button
Scroll Down Button

That is a total of 10 functions, two of which are not programmable, leaving you with two less functions of the MX500. Am I missing something? At most, since Logitech screwed up the design of this...like they often do (MX5xx was a miracle they got right), you will never have more programmable keys than the MX5xx, only the same (except two are not keys, but instead mouse tilt functions.)

Why they did not take the proven MX5xx design and add a damn tilt wheel to it is beyond me.

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
No, you have the same amount:

3 thumb buttons
2 with the tilt button around the wheel
2 regular mouse button
1 wheelclick
2 wheel up&down
-----------------------------
=10

sooner or later you will be able to configure wheel right and left and have 2 more functions

Most reviews agreed that the design is better than the previous one.