What mouse sensitivity u use?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Dec 31, 2000
Visit site
Mine is set looowwww. I move my hand about 6" to not quite turn around. My aim is pretty good though. Not great in close; but, not bad at medium to long distances. Funny thing is, I'm a flak ho. Doesn't really make sense does it. However; my game has improved enormously since I started reducing the speed.

MikeNice

Jun 22, 2001
Providence, RI
Visit site
I found that with my Microsoft Mouse, the basic 2-button mouse that comes with new PC's, i had mine set on 3.00. I recently bought a 4-button Logitech MouseMan Wheel (this mouse kicks a$$ for games) and 3 was VERY sensitive. I had to put my sensitivity to 2.0. That seems to do the trick for me...i'm pretty much free to pick off people far or close with the infamous Sniper Rifle. The thumb-button (called middlemouse in the game) is extremly helpful. I have the thumb-button set to bring up my Translocater. I also have the mousewheelup set to next weapon and the mousewheeldown set to previous weapon. Never knew how helpful this mouse would be. It was worth the $37!!!

Sparax-C1-

Jan 13, 2001
Visit site
My UT settings is at 6. I do a 180d turn by moving my mouse 90d.

The setting really depends on what is more important to you, hitcan or fast movement for rl, flak, etc. Ive tried tons of different settings and this is the best for all types of aim imo.

Look at it this way: What types of fights do you lose more often? Sniper, minigun duels or rl , flak duels? If one is way above the other you might want to set your sens to improve your weakest area. Just keep adjusting it by .5 until you find the perfect setting.

Combo duels are tricky. The higher the sens the easier it is to get off that quick angle combo. The lower the sens the easier it is to hit moving combos and to hit with primary.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2000
It's also good to know that no-one can play on my comp during a LAN or something(my computer,and mine alone!),just because my mouse moves WAY to fast for them :D

I can move from center screen to the edge by moving the mouse just 5 mm....and I love it :)

Takes some time getting used too though.....

-Revenant

You-Suk|BuF

Getting ready
Originally posted by DeaJae
i have a logitech cordless optical set to normal in windows, UT is set to 4 and its still jerky...

hehehehe, same here :D
i have a logitech wheel mouse optical, i have it set at 4 and i'm
still looking at the ceiling :) when i move to fast

i had a Qware (optical) this one was set at 16 !!!!

GerbilJammer

Resident NOOb :D
Jan 25, 2001
Louisiana
i dunno bout the optical cordlesses, but i do know mouse acceleration plays a big part.... to everyone that can adjust mouse acceleration via mouseware.... the low acceleration is better from my trials :D and btw the sensitivity for mouseware is set to 3 for my comp :D and the ps/2 rate is 200 :D

Phydeaux{RoA}

Phydolike
Jan 11, 2000
Wisconsin, USA
www.bfgn.com
Two words:
Mouse Bungee

http://www.mousebungee.com/

With a cordless mouse, you just don't get the same performance that you do with a corded mouse. Feel free to keep it, but you're missing out on a fraction of the performance. Is it a *crucial* fraction? I don't know, but I won't use one. I need every edge I can to keep up with my clanmates, and then some. ;)

..//..\\..

May 25, 2001
Visit site
Mines at 1.25, i can do about a 180 by moving my mouse from one side of the pad to the other. I used to have a optical mouse, but say you want to turn around real fast on that low of a sensitivity, you have to move the mosue really fast right? well noone can seem to believe me, but try moving your optical mouse really fast to the right, well guess what, it doesn't go right, it goes straight down. Not a good thing when u go to turn around in UT and end up looking at your feet.

REeeE{skullface}

p-REeeE-dictable
Feb 28, 2001
SF, CA
Visit site
I play a lot of CTF InstaGib... so I need good aim. I used to have it at 8 or 10. Now I use 4.5. It slowwed my "jitteriness" and helped a lot.

I aim through my strafe/dodge so if i move my hand a lot, i get screwed, yelled at, and ultimatly capped! :)

Reee

Uzi Suicide

Feb 20, 2001
www.clannrg.co.uk
Used to use a MS optical explorer, and had the windows sens 1 over midway and UT sens at 3.5, was pretty good for aiming.

Then i got a Boomslang 2000 3 days ago, got the sens on that at 2.5 (although i change that mid game a lot ;)) and UT sens at 3.2.

I use an everglide pad and my optical mouse felt pretty sluggish on that pad, but my boomslang flies on it :). I think im gonna stick with my boomslang altho im still getting used to it

Athlon_2o0o

Apr 17, 2001
Why all so high? I think how higher you put it, how more unaccurate. I have it on 2.5. I play Instagib, but I also use it for normal weapons.

Originally posted by Yodhaa2002BC
wass the max limit anyway ??

You should put it on 999, very funny :)