What guns does your country have?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mr. HotDog

[Insert Text Here]
Apr 2, 2001
Visit site
Well, I live in Canada, but I was born in Poland, so:

Canada: C7

Poland: AK-47 (modified version I think), MP5 family, and I think I saw a photo of a Polish soldier somewhere carrying a UZI, but I'm not sure cause the pic was blury.

Tiffy

Back to champion the L85
Sep 15, 2001
Visit site
British Army:

L85 Rifle

L86 Light Support Weapon (SAW)

L96 Snipers Rifle

L101 Carbine (issued to tankies if their lucky)

L4 LMG

Browning HP (Pistol)

M7 GPMG (And Variants)

M2 HMG

Hughes Chain Gun (Nice bit of kit)

Still probably some Sterling SMGs and L43 Rifles booting around.

LAW 94mm (A nice Medium AT Weapon with spotting rifle)

More exotic kit I've seen, (special issue stuff):

MP5 (most Varients)

M16a1

AK47

AK74

Glock 17, 19 and 23

Dragunov Snipers Rifle (Lovely gun)

Barret shoulder breaking, uncomfortable Anti-material Rifle

Browning BDA (Pistol)

M203 (you all know what that is)

G3 (nice 7.62 assult rifle)

L1A1 (Not many left now, but still a good rifle)

The Russian kit is very limited and is mainly used for weapons familiarsation. There is also a quantity of VERY exotic stuff, but I won't go into any of that here.

BTW Dispite popular belief the SAS have armouries full of L85 rifles and use them a lot. The L85, while is has some problems, is a good compact assult rifle with lots of goodies to boot.

Gryphon

Apr 2, 2000
Yeah, chuckus. I'm sure you have plenty of first-hand experience with Canadian military equipment that qualifies you to make such statements. :rolleyes:

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
My dad was a military officer in the canadian army. But true. it's not like i"m an expert. This is just the testament of lots of MIlitary personnel and even today (september 27th) on CBC radio(canadian broadcasting corporation) a retired US navy seal was knocking canada's army by saying it was "grossely inefficient" and "underfunded". In an article by the Montreal Gazette, Canadian troops said "we are the best equipped army in the world, except for our rifles." referring to the c7 rifle. (The article was on canadian military clothing), it's widely known that the C7 jams easily. People who say it works well clean almost twenty four seven. How many C7s have been combat tested??? C7 was built by a company with no weapon bulding experience. IT works as a rifle... just not made to last. but then again, who am I tosay anything :rolleyes:

here's some testinonials.
"...the foreign services that have adopted the Elcan are using them as designed, and have not faced a scope failure rate like that of units in Canada."

"In my experience, the bore should be kept spotless, clean the bore every day after shooting" not many soldiers have that kind of option....

"At first, some of us thought it was a pretty cool rifle and indicated the Canadian Forces had arrived in the 20th century. Others thought, what the hell are we going to do with this prarie dog weapon" -http://fabriquenationale.homestead.com/48thhighlanders.html

Last edited:

Mad_Dog

Voice Of Reason
Mar 27, 2001
Soviet Canuckistan
www.planetunreal.com
it's basically the m16 isn't it? i know there is a lot of controversy on how much that gun jams, but i'm assuming any canadian copy would have the exact same problems... gryphon, you're in winnipeg, not the nicest climate:D, how would it do there in a combat situation?

BIG_MONKEY_JR

Apr 1, 2001
www.planetunreal.com
at the winnipeg airshow (I live close) the guy told me it was better than the american M16, but he could have been biased. Ha, before I picked it up he was like "don't point it at people please", and that's when I chuckled.

Gholam

Sergeant (Reserve), IDF
Jun 19, 2001
Rehovot, Israel
Originally posted by BlAcK_PlAgUe22
Doesnt the Israeli army also use the Desert Eagle?

The hell we do... Desert Eagle is a huge, heavy, unreliable, american piece of ****. It might be a good gun for making holes in paper targets, but little else. No military force in the world uses it, least of all IDF.

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
Australian army: (General Infantry)

F88 Austeyr (Steyr AUG made under license)
FN Minimi
Glock 17
M16A2 w/M203 GL
M79 GL

Still some Browning Hi-Power's floating around the armories, too.

SpecForces:

MP5SD3, aswell as other retractable stock MP5 variants.

SAS Regiments use M4A1s with various attatchments, depending on the scenario, and I think I've even seen them using some old SLRs in training.

SLR being an FN FAL with its full auto setting removed. We used them in 'Nam.

Gryphon

Apr 2, 2000
Yes, the C7A1 is the same as an M16 rifle. Modern Canadian variants are typically outfitted with flattop receivers fitted with Elcan sights, and full automatic.

The M16 jamming issue is because soldiers don't CLEAN THEIR GUNS. The M16 is not a high maintenance weapon, but if you abuse it thinking it's an AK, then yeah it will jam on you. Keep up proper maintenance and you don't have to worry about it.

Infamous Anime

I can only do so much!
Sep 2, 2001
Visit site
40mm granatnik PALLAD podwieszany do karabinu AKM, AKMS, 5.54mm wzór 88TANTAL, 5.56mm KBS wzór 96 BERYL
Jest indywidualn¹ broni¹ jednostrza³ow¹, opracowan¹ z wykorzystaniem najnowszych osi¹gniêæ techniki
mir2.jpg

mir1.jpg

mir3.jpg

woj2a.jpg

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
I've learned somethin..
here are the facts....

Pros
-C7 IS reliable if well maintained..
-better than m16 because barrel has reinforced heat protection (can't remeber what they called) so it jams less for over heating reasons.
-full auto and single shot rather than 3 round burst.
-canadian armed forces c7 has a better scope than regular c7

Cons:
-Needs a little more maintanence than a regular rifle
-scope is good but it doesn't fit and without VERY close attention to detail will be off (plan to fix this)
-Some people say it jams in combat situations where as others have perfect use in even worse conditions. Inconsistent.

Overall.. not as bad as I originally deemed. But i would still prefer to have the G11.... droooolll...

anyway... thanx for giving me a different POV...

Germany:

Pistols:
-P1
Slightly modified Walther P38 of WWII fame, 9*19
-P8
Slightly modified USP in 9*19

SMGs:
-MP2
Uzi with wooden stock or collapsible metal stock (MP2A1)
-MP5

Assault rifles:
-G3
-G36

Machine guns:
-MG3
Slightly modified MG42 with lower (1200) ROF in 7.62 NATO

Sniper rifles:
-G3ZF
G3 with scope (zielfernrohr in German)
-G3SG1
-G22
AWM-F in .300 WinMag

These are the weapons in general use currently. Of course KSK (German SpecForces) have just about every weapon in existance, as do most SpecForces around the world.