We've heard the best, now how about the worst...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What's the worst of these maps?

• Koos Galleon

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • HyperBlast

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Peak

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Pyramid

Votes: 20 48.8%

• Total voters

{WAC}DJ JaKe

Wild And Cruel
Dec 11, 2000
Toronto
www.wildandcruel.cjb.net
I got to admit, i hate most of those maps, cept hyperblast, thats ok. Koos galeon is one map i truley hate, but i voted for pyramids, just cause it stinks even worse. Koos, i just suck at that map, it has the worst feel to it, and i just cant stand it!

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Koos Galleon = ghey boat

Only funny thing is to camp the redeemer. In one game I was very successful with that and 0wned a bunch of n00bs. Until someone who knew the map joined the server...

Big giB

Keep out of reach of children.
Jul 28, 2000
BC, Canada
Visit site
I like peak because it plays a LOT differently from any other DM map. Hyperblast kicks ass, why's that map on there :) Peak is a map definently not for newbies, IMHO. expert players would enjoy it. Koos, that's the one I voted for. It's a visual masterpiece, but it's just not fit for DM. It's got very bad flow.

Pope

Jan 21, 2000
Visit site
I'd have to agree with gramps on this, Fetid is total "spam like there's no tomorrow" - as is Oblivion for that matter. They're the only maps (I can think of) that are so cramped and have a flak cannon.
- Pyramid is cool in some aspects, since you can choose the level of 'crampiness' as you go from floor to floor :).
- Koos is very good looking but lacks something which I just can't put my finger on. It must be the weapon and pickup placement. I always find myself running around the map without an objective. If you stop me at that moment and ask me where I'm heading, I won't have an answer. In most maps I have a feeling of where I'm going, for what reason and what to watch out for on the way :).
- Peak is my favorite of the tiny maps. Nice weapon and item placement and various camping spots for lots of people. G00 0wnz0rz j00!
- Hyperblast: being an HPB, this is the obvious choice as worst map for me. If Morpheus was a choice here, then that's the one I would've picked. I'm sick and tired of playing against LPB's and lowgrav maps just bring the best out of the ping difference - it's utterly disgusting [/rant].

Night Raven

Mystical Shadow Sect
May 14, 2001
A monastery on top of a peak
Visit site
Koos Galleon = ghey boat, definitely :) It gave me a bad impression the first time I played it, and it's never gotten on the good side.

HyperBlast is actually an okay nice map but the LowGrav pisses me off as much as Morpheus.

Peak is fast and furious, but just don't play with 5+ people, or you're just gonna spawn-die-spawn-die.

Pyramid just doesn't play fluid enough, I try to avoid this map.

Fetid belongs where the name suggests. In the sewers.

Aug 7, 2000
I like hyperblast ,it's easy to dominate the SB/armor once you are leading :)

I don't really mind playing Peak,as long it's not a 20 player server or something

I hate Fetid,Galleon,Pyramid and Oblivion ,for obvious reasons I think....
.......and Morpheus (And that's more because I suck on it :))

-Revenant

Ming the Merciless

Cold Turkey!
May 21, 2001
Planet Stone Cold Sober
Visit site
I dislike pyramid as there never seems to be a flow to that map but I like Peak and Fetid, these are great maps if you want to go on a rampage (ahh happy memories). Koos I can never really get to grips with mainly because it took me 3 months to figure out where the redeemer was and then another three how to get to it. When you play mostly online you dont seem to have time to think "hmm how do I get up there". Hyperballs I just don't get on with, mainly because everyone else is better than me at it.

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
I kinda like Peak myself. Its very different, and can be a lot of fun.

Pyramid can be ok for LMS or maybe the odd mindless 1v1.

Galleon generally sux, it has no flow for DM and too many camping spots for LMS, tho you can get some nice fights on the top deck

Hyperblast can be ok for 1v1 I guess, but it doesnt work well with more players. The action gets spread thinly all over the place.

Overall a lot of the "worst" maps are better in LMS than DM, as you dont have to worry about badly placed power ups and weapons.

Cablebait

May 23, 2001
canada
Visit site
I wonder how many peeps pick a map depending on their success on the map?However for sake of picking one i think pyriamid and definately yes fetid is blah.Personally i love koos,and peak i can play once or twice with a gooo fest,and hyper is cool till i get frustrated by a lpb mini freak...grrrrrr[stay below i guess]

Hellbilly

Fully recovered Ex-Evercrack player
May 6, 2000
Somewhere in upstate NY
Hyperblast is one of the few DM maps I actually like (I don't play DM very much - CTF all the way). It's one of those maps that stand out because of the 2 different gravity zones.