Were sorry,DSL is not available inyour area

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
www.littleportitservices.co.uk
if NTL and BT are losing money deploying the cabling then why the ehll are they dropping the prices of boardband, they can easily put more money into deployment then drop prices later so they can continue deploying. i can see next year that dial up is going to be more expensive than boardband.

looking at oftels site to see how much of the UK is boardband enabled (about 60% last time i looked) the information has documents about the complaints they get, about a page full :confused:

a few facts,

End-users of cable modem services
- 196,000 (as at end December 2001)
- Telewest available to 4.9m homes - 95% broadband capable
- ntl available to 8.4m homes - 56% broadband capable
UK households covered by DSL
- 60% (around 15 million homes) :con:
BT exchanges DSL enabled

Nemesis{VLD}

Evil Ash
Feb 8, 2002
vld.clanpages.com
I've got the same problem. And the worst part is, my brother's friend who lives just a few streets away has DSL. But it's not available at my house. I've got cable, so it's ok, but its fairly bad service and we wanted to switch to DSL.

Fomhoire

Internet Addict
Dec 24, 2000
Sacramento, CA
Visit site
ATT offers service in Elk Grove.

I just wish Winfirst.com would connect downtown up with their fibre network. People using it are getting pings starting at 3ms, with pings to New York around 45ms.

It is a 10mbps up/down service. People have been measuring out around 7-8mbps.