weird question... for the developers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Etruscan

Jan 13, 2004
i noticed that when i install infiltration + other maps/camos/mods for it, some of the stuff is put into "C:\UnrealTournament" directory and others go into "C:\UnrealTournament\Infiltration" directory... (into wherever it's supposed to go like "maps" ... bla bla) since i play other mods it makes it a bitch to keep track of everything that i installed for infiltration. how can i install everthing into "C:\UnrealTournament\Infiltration" so i can keep track of it...

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
nothing for Inf should go in the "C:\UnrealTournament" directories. Put everything under the Infiltration subdirectory and you should be fine :)

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
and int files in general too of course...
It can result in 'loops' if an int file is present in a subfolder and within the system folder for example. And sometimes the int files are not 'found' within the subfolders.
That's the reason for simply placing all int files within the system folder too.

BUT nothing from our installs goes into the UnrealTournament folder itself.

=CreepingShadow=

Apr 5, 2001
Chicago
archive.org
Etruscan said:
i noticed that when i install infiltration + other maps/camos/mods for it, some of the stuff is put into "C:\UnrealTournament" directory and others go into "C:\UnrealTournament\Infiltration" directory... (into wherever it's supposed to go like "maps" ...

You can get away with just placing the map file alone into Infiltration\maps, and all the rest can go into the appropriate UT folders. This way the INF folders aren't ever congested with unknown files, and it's always easy enough to tell if a map is INF or not. The exception to this is with camos, one file goes UT\system, the other in the inf\textures\camo folder. Mutes go into UT.

Edit: yeah, nevermind. :eek:

Last edited: