Weapon Viewing Bug

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

fstm20

Apr 24, 2005
Hi. I have a GeForce FX5200 and a Pentium 3.06 Ghz with HT.

I have patched UT2004 to version 3355.

I have patched the beta UTXMP properly.

When I play Instant Action, the weapon view (the hands and the gun) is skewed 90 degrees in my field of view and blocks off the lower third to lower half off the screen. So instead of pointing to the target point, the weapon graphics point left out of sight. The weapons work properly, but it's sometimes hard to see the target. The shotgun is the only weapon not effected by this.

Any ideas? Is this a known bug? I couldn't find a similar entry into the forum for this.

Thanks,
FSTM20

Last edited:

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
this is a known bug... change how you hold the weapon... you have it set to left handed... try putting it on as right handed.

POCalypse

Apr 20, 2005
I prefer the weapons actually hidden (in UT and UT2k4 etc) - BUT the 'hidden' option doesn't seem to work - is this also a know bug ??

fstm20

Apr 24, 2005
Weapon Viewing Bug persists

Hi,
I had it set to "right hand" and so I set it to "left hand" -- didn't work -- then I set it to "hidden" -- didn't work. On all three settings it shows the guy pointing the weapon off to the left. It sucks because this seems like such a cool mod, but you can't really play it with how much is blocked out by the weapon view.

Any ideas?
FSTM20

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
fstm20 - you said this happens in Instant Action. How about online play? Also, what resolution are you playing at? It could just be the weapons look huge because of low res.

Slightly new topic: The changelog shows a fix for left/right/center handedness. Does this mean there is a left-handed character model now, or is it just a first-person perspective thing?