Weapon collsion and aiming....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
I've seen all these pics of soldiers steading their gun against a tree or a corner of a building or something, and I though that a little code edition where if you touch a wall or anything that collides with your weapon, it should steady (without you having to control your breathing) From wha I can tell from my poor Uscript (and I mean poor) this would be a small code edition. Heh, if the team can program a closing eye on a player model, then I think they can code this.

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
Err, turn advanced weapon collision off. I like the idea because it would give a sniper the ability to shoot while standing (if using a sniper rifle like the Robar is implemented correctly, then you shouldn't be able to fire it while standing) but not be mobile.

Nny the devourer

MG Whore
Feb 21, 2002
Hell
Visit site
hehe i would never put down "you shouldnt be able to fire standing" it really doesnt matter the proper way something should be fired, but that doesn't really mean wether you can or can't physically.

but anyhow ghost as far as the weapon thing-------it's suppose to work differently in 287 as so i belive. The weapon bummping should actaully be independent o fthe player, meaning you'll nock your gun around, but that wont stop you from going down the hall etc.

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
Hey, Yurch, are you sure about the "I" in that sentence ?????
IIRC, i suggested it even before . :p You damn copycat

Nny the devourer

MG Whore
Feb 21, 2002
Hell
Visit site
you don't have a hundred percent straight line of fire unless your holding your breath, your angle of fire changes-----aside from possible muzzle pull issues i belive he is reffering to that