Walking IN water

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MeckonOmega

Meckon (Mech-on)
Next Generation Suggestion:

One thing I wish were different about INF is that when you walk into water, your forced to swim when the waters only up to your waist. I would prefer, game engine allowing, that you don't start swimming until th water is up to your head, or you press a key. I think this would be cool and add another dimention to that game, as well as broaden mappers horizons.

Thanks.

{GD}Evans

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
I'm not sure whether it's possible code-wise or whether it's hardcoded into UT. That said, mappers could get around it very easily by placing BlockPlayer in the water.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
An invisible actor that blocks players but let's through any other actors [grenades, projectiles etc.].

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
Good point. If you're in shallow water, you should be able to stand and shoot if an enemy attacks. You could also make some cool ambushes where you pop out from under water and take out enemies from behind.