(Voice) OK, what's wrong

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Just fyi it's easier to get the voice chat working then the voice commands.

Go into your speech settings in windows and make sure it is enabled.

Burning Fish

My brain hurts!
Dec 30, 2003
Holland
www.burningfish.nl
I enabled them. I also did the strange training-wizard. My mom was like: wtf is he doing? :) But these are my settings:
SpeechSettings.GIF

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
Odd, but does it seems like nobody uses voice online that much?

I get in the ONS pubs and I start yacking and telling everyone what to do, and I get responses and backup when I ask for it.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Burning Fish said:
I enabled them. I also did the strange training-wizard. My mom was like: wtf is he doing? :) But these are my settings:
SpeechSettings.GIF

Just for the heck of it, try changing your windows language to English.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Hanover_Fist said:
Odd, but does it seems like nobody uses voice online that much?

I get in the ONS pubs and I start yacking and telling everyone what to do, and I get responses and backup when I ask for it.

LOL, Tommy Boy! Love that movie!

I've used it some, but usually to say something like "dude, wait for everyone else" as some kid takes off solo in the Hellbender.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Yahoo!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!
The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.
Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later.
http://www.geocities.com/jennpatt/movies/tommyboy/index.html

Umm, gee, thanks pal. Uhh, I don't know what to say! :con:

:lol:

I'll check back later. In the meantime, I'll just listen to the music by Tracy Morgan in you sig!

Last edited:

Hedge

Wish I was with her
Sep 12, 2003
out in the boonies
Visit site
People just don't want to talk on the pups. Some have even told brizz and I to shut up before. I guess the pubs will be just like the ones in 2k3. No matter what you say, they won't listen.

Peregrine

Death from above
Jan 16, 2001
Lake Erie Shoreline
www.gaihope.net
Hedge said:
People just don't want to talk on the pups. Some have even told brizz and I to shut up before. I guess the pubs will be just like the ones in 2k3. No matter what you say, they won't listen.

I dunno. Me and some other guy (only 2 on voice) were practically running our team and folks were actually listening. Couldn't believe I was in a HB turret and guy is going to wrong node. "Turn Left, middle node" ...and he did...
We were down to our last node, came back, pushed them back to one node, and then THEY came back and won the game. One of the best games, and people were actually listening to us. Even had one guy say "Thanks" for helping him out.

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
Peregrine said:
I dunno. Me and some other guy (only 2 on voice) were practically running our team and folks were actually listening. Couldn't believe I was in a HB turret and guy is going to wrong node. "Turn Left, middle node" ...and he did...
We were down to our last node, came back, pushed them back to one node, and then THEY came back and won the game. One of the best games, and people were actually listening to us. Even had one guy say "Thanks" for helping him out.

Yeah, most people are pretty responsive. There was a guy directing everyone this morning and we won 3 maps with a smaller team. I kept asking for help in the middle and he said "no, take the corners, that way we own the tanks".
So I did.....I'll take orders, it doesn't bother me...

I was accidently in the Public channel the other day and I kept saying "I need help in the center node" and EVERYONE was responding, it looked like a 30 car pileup on the Santa Monica freeway in that little tunnel....

People will respond if you ask. Make sure you're in the right channel though ;)