UT3 Won't run at all

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Argus

Spack Jazzrabbit
Feb 13, 2008
Scotland
Hey-o.

So I decided to jump on UT3 today. It doesn't work.

Let me take you back a few days: I'd downloaded UT3 patch 1.3 and Prometheus v1 (Which BTW is a great mod, keep up the good work Prometheus team!) and installed both. The game ran like a charm, and I made a complete ass of myself in Prometheus level 1.

Let's come back to today: It doesn't work.

I hopped on UT3 and decided I wanted to play a little DeathMatch. So I went on Instant Action, did all that was necessary, and tried to load up the custom map DM-Yard.
The game froze at the loading screen, then kicked me out to Windows where I got 3 dialogs with the same message: UT3.exe has stopped working.
I thought "Damn. Doesn't work."
So I tried again, but this time with a stock UT3 map, DM-Gateway.
The game started to load and lo and behold.. It crashed again. Same 3 dialogs waiting for me.
Now the last time I'd played UT3 it was on Prometheus, and that worked fine. So I tried loading Prometheus level 1.
Guess what?

It crashed again. Same 3 dialogs with "UT3.exe has stopped working." and by this time I'm getting really pissed off.

Some things that I thought might have caused this problem:

Patch 1.3 didn't like the character I made using parts unlocked with the Tweaker, which probably isn't the case seeing as it worked fine the first time I loaded it with patch 1.3.
Patch 1.3 did not like the custom bots I slipped into one of the UT3 configs. This could be the case, however I loaded the Prometheus map without bots today and it crashed.

I can't give any system specs at this moment, because I need to run DXDiag, and Vista's being a pain in the ass and has gone and hidden the Run option.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'd really like to play UT3 again :doh: