UT3 TITAN PACK DETAILS REVEALED

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Most of my complaints with the game will be all but gone with this patch and expansion pack. Therefore, why should I be whining that I bought what you consider a half-assed console port? I found it a fun game with issues, like every other fun game I own. I've never patronized Epic by claiming they made a perfect sequel to UT with UT3, I've called them as I've seen them. Some issues were bigger to me than others, just as other issues were bigger to some than me. But this patch fixes so many of the issues people had that it's hard, for me anyway, to do anything but view it in the most positive light.

The patch proves:

* That Epic cares about the PC community. Tons of the fixes are specifically things that PC owners have complained about.

* That Epic listens to the community. Almost every fix and feature in the patch and pack were requested by the community.

* That Epic STILL has the same sense of after-market support as they did ten years ago. 99.9% of games are abandoned after the first few months of release.

These three points basically invalidate every whine in this thread that has claimed Epic isn't even trying. Good lord! Look at the size of what they've done! IT'S ENORMOUS!!!!!! How can you HONESTLY complain about a patch and pack of this size being offered FOR FREE 18 MONTHS after release??? Would you also complain if a Dentist fixed all of your teeth for free? :con:

UT3 is the best UT game to date IMO. Even before the this next patch. I've played all of the UT games a lot and have been since 2000.
I appreciate their differences and appreciate what Epic has done for the game and it's players. I've complained in the past but it boils down to the fact that if I didn't like the game I wouldn't play it.

The whiners will always whine. They will always find ways to justify their complaints.

Ionium

Dec 30, 2005
UT3 is the best UT game to date IMO. Even before the this next patch. I've played all of the UT games a lot and have been since 2000.
I appreciate their differences and appreciate what Epic has done for the game and it's players. I've complained in the past but it boils down to the fact that if I didn't like the game I wouldn't play it.

The whiners will always whine. They will always find ways to justify their complaints.

Couldn't have put it better myself

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice

People don't dispute that the core gameplay has gotten better for the most part. It's the little things here and there that are missing that people are used to having that make people bitch and whine. Not to say that those little things shouldn't be in the game, but it's nitpicking. Epic sets the bar high, so it's easy to complain when that bar isn't quite there.

TheIronKnuckle

What the hell is this "ballin" thing?
People don't dispute that the core gameplay has gotten better for the most part. It's the little things here and there that are missing that people are used to having that make people bitch and whine. Not to say that those little things shouldn't be in the game, but it's nitpicking. Epic sets the bar high, so it's easy to complain when that bar isn't quite there.
Couldn't have put it better myself

Hektor

Feb 20, 2009
I am disappointed already in this pack. As a CTF lover, i was already disappointed that ut3 was released with 6stock maps. vertebrae is like useless, and they remade coret and hydrosis wich are one of the most crappiest ctf maps ever. typical defensive drawmaps,i still remember playing 25minutes of overtime on coret after 0-0. then in the first bonuspack they released a faceclassic remake with searchlight. still no use of them in any online leagues/tournaments... now in this pack they will release 3 ctf maps only, and one of them is only a dm-morbias mirrored. wow. these days are really sad for ctf...
i can only hope at least one of the rest 2 ctf maps would be decent for an 5on5 gameplay... but seriously, i dont believe...

and about greed. seriously, how can anyone think it will replace ctf?

rAt.8^].bAg

Don't eff wid Gkublok
Aug 10, 2008
Jebus kitty trucking Christ, Epic does something nice for us and some of you folks can't, or won't, even get up enough decency to say thanks.

The ppl in this thread did something nice for Epic by giving them their $$ for their half-assed game!! :doh: Now we're supposed to say "thanks" for getting bitch-slapped, and then taken out to dinner 1.5 years later? You're back to the battered-wife syndrome I think, Crotale.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Can't stand the wait for that 5th March - I'm interested more in the patch though, because I want to have sex with the grey HUD. Thank you Epic. Again.

vertebrae is like useless

That's actually the only retail CTF map I enjoyed in the game. And dear god it's fun.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I am disappointed already in this pack. As a CTF lover, i was already disappointed that ut3 was released with 6stock maps. vertebrae is like useless, and they remade coret and hydrosis wich are one of the most crappiest ctf maps ever. typical defensive drawmaps,i still remember playing 25minutes of overtime on coret after 0-0. then in the first bonuspack they released a faceclassic remake with searchlight. still no use of them in any online leagues/tournaments... now in this pack they will release 3 ctf maps only, and one of them is only a dm-morbias mirrored. wow. these days are really sad for ctf...
i can only hope at least one of the rest 2 ctf maps would be decent for an 5on5 gameplay... but seriously, i dont believe...

and about greed. seriously, how can anyone think it will replace ctf?
Most of the regulars on this forum are CTF lovers and I haven't really heard any of them complaining about ALL of the CTF maps. Obviously some like certain ones more than others, but I personally find Vertebrae the most interesting of all the CTF maps.

Interbellum

I used to be a man
May 17, 2008
It's the little things here and there that are missing that people are used to having that make people bitch and whine.

You mean 'little things' like this:

UTbotroster_MIA.jpg

UTbotconfig_MIA.jpg

NOT COOL!

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Most of the regulars on this forum are CTF lovers and I haven't really heard any of them complaining about ALL of the CTF maps.

Nah, not ALL, but he does have a point. Most of the retail maps for CTF seem to be an afterthought. Vert is interesting from a novelty standpoint, but it's not a map made for your traditional 5v5 ctf.

With that said, I understand that ctf is an old gametype. There are fewer and fewer of us pure ctf fans left these days. I can understand the focus on the newer gametypes. I hope this pack delivers.

Gan Xodos

Feb 19, 2009
hey umm, I still can't find a screenshot with the black interface... can someone post a link?