UT3 Setup Delight

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
I purchased Unreal Tournament 3 from Direct2Drive. After waiting forever plus one to download it (which, for the mathematically inclined, equates to approximately eleventy-two billion years), I began the install process and waited.

Shortly thereafter I was presented with this thoughtful message: "Error 2349.Copy resumed with different info." As informative as the message was, and as much as I dislike spaces between my incomplete sentences, I was not yet overwhelmed with joy. That part comes later. Incidentally, the installation had gotten as far as ASC_Walls2.upk, and from this I deduced that I would come to love UPK files -- just as soon as I'd worked out what the hell they were supposed to be, that is.

No matter. I then examined the setup directory. I noticed was that the cabinet files numbered Data7.cab and higher were only 52 KB in size and appeared to have nothing in them. It was at this point that I began to to suspect that all was not on the up and up, and that getting the setup process to work was not, in fact, part of the game.

What I request is this: should you happen to own a physical Unreal Tournament 3 disk, might you check to ensure that what I have downloaded twice is complete bunk? Then I would be overwhelmed with joy.