UT3 Patch 2.0 Beta 1 Released To Testers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Apathy.

Jan 24, 2008
Oh my goddamn ****ing god! I hope you're not kidding. Part of my frustration with this game is the fact that the enforcers suck, the link gun is weak, and i can;t hit anyone with the flak when i get too close.

But the biggest thing for me, "the flak cannon shots are more accurate and deadly even if u have the shield, "
If you are not lying then i reckon UT3 instantly became more fun for me.
I used to be a real flak monkey in all the other unreal's, but come ut3 and i can't hit ****. OMGOMGOMG

False. At least I didn't notice anything like that.

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
how do i start a map as spectator?
it used to be 'open mapname?spectatoronly=1', right? doesn't seem to work anymore...

EDIT: hmm... i must have typed the same typo for something like 5 minutes it seems because 'open mapname?spectatoronly=1' does work now :p

Last edited:

brdempsey69

Original UT Owns !!
Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
Some good news, I thought it might but the menu changes don't break mapmixer in any way. There's a new mod settings button in the settings menu that appears to allow for modders to add a configuration dialog for stuff.

Beautiful, man. Thanks so much for the heads up. This is really good news. For me MapMixer is too useful to be without. Thanks again.

Oh, if someone could post the command line for the new gametypes, I would appreciate it. ( For Example CTF is UTGameContent.UTCTFGame_Content )

Last edited:

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
Yeah, it's a bonus. Mapmixer + ingame menu that doesnt make eyes bleed = yay.

(edit- problem fixed)

I will say about mapmixer though- I do wish it was a little easier to set up initially. Though once you get it just the way you want it, all it takes is 2 mouse clicks and you're on your way to some fragging.

Player nametags were made smaller (they were obnoxiously huge before), and the names of all people in a vehicle with more than one seat are shown (if you're close enough)

Last edited:

FlakMonkey

Master of Flak
Feb 21, 2009
Dam, I can't wait for this patch! /Me starts UT3 in anticipation!

I actually ask because I found a public link and I was wondering if I'd be allowed to share it.

Not that I really care, but Steve Polge did ask the testers not to provide the Beta to the public. Saying that, nothing is going to stop a person who really really wants to have a go at the Beta to get it from somewhere.

brdempsey69

Original UT Owns !!
Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
Yeah, it's a bonus. Mapmixer + ingame menu that doesnt make eyes bleed = yay.

I will say about mapmixer though- I do wish it was a little easier to set up initially. Though once you get it just the way you want it, all it takes is 2 mouse clicks and you're on your way to some fragging.

It sound like the workaround may be to set the character up in the regular menu before switching over to MM. I believe you can also hand-edit one of the MapMixer .ini's for custom gametypes like BR ans DOM, so I'm hopeful that will also apply to Greed & Betrayal. Hence, the reason for the request for the command line for these game types.

Last edited:

Bersy

Apr 7, 2008
Sweden
Does this patch changes the HUD in-game? I wish they used the black HUD from the Onyx Coast promo, to match with the new one :)
Only the armor character has changed slightly as well as new items for the new game modes... I have the same opinion, I thought the HUD looked absolutely sexy from the promos where it was black.. of course they need to indicate teams somehow but I don't like the way it is done now. Looks slapped together, which is a shock after having such a clean and professional looking HUD in 2k4.

Alhanalem

Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
The changes to the scoreboard seem to have broken the multi-team scoreboard from UT3DOM :( It displays the red/blue scoreboards on top of the green/gold scoreboards.

As to the hud, the health/ammo displays seem slightly different, though I could be imagining it. The numbers seem bigger and they don't have a dark edge around them. But I could be imagining it.

Last edited:
YOU SHUT YOUR FILTHY WHORE MOUTHS!!! TEH NEWPATCH IS TEH ROXX0R!!!!1!1!!!ELEVENTY-ONE!!!

oh ,.. <cough cough> *ahem* Sorry had some impetuous youthful glee caught in my frontal lobe for a second there.

The new UI look is teh sex imho, but what I'm most happy about is the added functionality to it all. I love and appreciate any game that delivers customization/tweaking/performance options that matter to me ( "me" as in the platform, PC in this case), and that can be done within the game itself.

The level loading in the background seems kind of pointless now though doesn't? Just a very humble thought there, doesn't mater to me per say since my rig (even with an nVidia card, AND their retarded drivers) runs the game just fine.

All in all as long as I start playing this on-line and feel my shots are actually landing where I'm putting them I'll be very happy. And reading through the list of changes I think a few fixes seem to point in that direction, so...

/waits, sighs.. :)

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
All this patch and bonus pack talk has my UT3 libido in full swing. March 5th can't get here soon enough.

Last edited:

Alhanalem

Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
BTW- the change to weapon pickups means you're no longer totally starved for AVRIL ammo. :p