UT3 Developer Question and Answer...again?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JEnepas

Feb 5, 2008
With the planned:) major expansion, and now that we are 1 year on with UT3, is anything similar possible with the BU team? i.e, another interview/chat with the devs. I ask, because now Wartourist has left, community /studio interaction on the subject of UT3 is zero.

Last edited:

JEnepas

Feb 5, 2008
Have to say, great job last time, Dark pulse & yourself covered just about everything you possibly could, based on the info around at the time.

I think one of the things that has hurt UT3 is the feeling ,rightly or wrongly, that the developer doesn't care all that much about UT3 , or even UT for that matter anymore. If they talked more about fixing stuff and where it's headed, issues being worked on etc, like some studios do on their forums. I'm sure UT fans would have taken some comfort from that, it's partly the deafening silence that has damaged it.

Last edited:

os][ris

May 10, 2006
With the promised major expansion, 1 year on, is anything similar possible with BU? I ask, because now Wartourist has left, community /studio interaction on the subject of UT3 is zero.

First you weren't "promised" anything. And I don't suspect anyone at epic will be communicating with the community like Wartourist was.

[DUF]-Fragger

Jul 9, 2002
The Netherlands
With the promised major expansion, 1 year on, is anything similar possible with BU? I ask, because now Wartourist has left, community /studio interaction on the subject of UT3 is zero.

Dont want to sound dumb, but i dont understand the question, can you or someone else be more specific about this question? I think it has something to do with my English (i'm dutch) :lol:

The only thing i could guess is that you mean that someone is leaving BU like WT did with Epic because of UT3 expansion?

Anyway its not a joke, and normally my english is fine while reading, but now i have a little problem to translate the question 100% for myself.

Gr Fragger

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Interestingly, the actual question was never named here, and the only reference is the topic title, but I'm pretty sure the question is about BU interviewing Epic on the UT3 expansion and getting any info on the subject.

JEnepas

Feb 5, 2008
Interestingly, the actual question was never named here, and the only reference is the topic title, but I'm pretty sure the question is about BU interviewing Epic on the UT3 expansion and getting any info on the subject.

ditto-I'll edit it

Ruffrider

Feb 2, 2000
Citrus Springs, FL
off-the-record answer would be: "good, because they have been whiny bitches for over 5 years now" :p

LOL :lol:. Very true. The competitive players in all the leagues didn't ever stop bitching, including me :). At least we could bitch and have fun... now all we can do is bitch.

Last edited:

Bersy

Apr 7, 2008
Sweden
I'd like to see this happen, you know, they can release patches and megapacks or expansions but it doesn't mean a hell of a lot when the community has more or less stopped caring. But we'd like to care. They need to run a little damage control, one Q & A session isn't going to magically fix everything but it would go a long way to showing that with all the hollow promises over the course of the past few years in the development of the game, they realize people have every right to be upset and they're willing to do what it takes to make it right.

The last time a Q & A was held in #bu it also boosted community activity and discussion. That is needed more now than it was before launch. News of such an event would bring together many people who haven't even bothered launching the game since patch 1 or 2 or even earlier, and probably haven't heard anything about any expansion. I think it's just what is needed. But of course, they're not gonna sit down and talk with the community in such a direct way until they're good and ready either.. If it is to be done right, it shouldn't be rushed this time. I don't want to hear about sh1t that won't even make it in this time.

Last edited: