UT3 crashing when loading custom content

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WaitForTheRain

Feb 26, 2008
UK
Basically, my UT3 has a habbit of crashing while loading custom content, which means that I can't play alot of stuff I would like to. It doesn't crash with all the custom content, just when using certain maps or mutators. It doesn't crash all the time when using these maps or mutators either, it seems a bit random, but still only with custom content.

Anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

WaitForTheRain

Feb 26, 2008
UK
Processor: Intel Celeron D CPU 3.46GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Hard Drive: 160 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT
Sound Card: SoundMAX HD Audio O
Operating System: Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
Motherboard: Asus P5LD2 SE

-- I know it's not the most balanced or up to date gaming PC, but I don't see how that would affect it too much seeing as other games work fine and UT3 is fine in game, so it's just the loading in UT3 that's the problem.

No error messages, just a maxed out CPU and a UT3 that loads forever (if you just leave it)

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Perhaps a re-install is in order? Maybe one of the mods you installed got somehow mixed up with files for the main game or with other files, or some files are missing/etc. Anyways, try re-installing everything. It sucks, but it usually works. ;) Good luck and be patient.

WaitForTheRain

Feb 26, 2008
UK
Nah, it's not a re-install problem, I've re-installed UT3 a few times before, even on different windows installations, but the problem persists.

-- How do I obtain a log file if UT3 is not actaully crashing. It just seems to freeze up and max out my CPU rather than crash and close itself.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
well, right after it does that, grab Launch.log from My Documents/My Games/Unreal Tournament 3/UTGame/Logs and attach it here. We should at least be able to see what is making that happen?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Is your graphics driver up to date? The log is indicating that the game is crashing out mid-launch. Do you maybe have a bad stick of ram or something?