UT3 Beta Patch Changelist

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

r1esG0

Unreal Engine Padawan
Feb 4, 2008
Seville, Spain
coppypaste for console,
motionblur,
custom faction on user interface,
total conversion support,
player name on servers...

many of you are going to be happy

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Definitely the best patch so far, although many of the things I really care about are still neglected. I wish they'd fix the issues with bots and team management in the duel mod. I would also really like to be able to check the server browser without disconnecting from the server I'm playing on. No option to enter a password when you connect to a passworded server from the console is pretty lame too. That would have been an easy fix. And no demoguy fix, wtf? How can they ignore a bug this blatant?

And I'm a little unclear on this:

[*]Fixed loaded RL switching away before releasing load on net clients.

So they fixed the bug where, when you run out of ammo on the rocket launcher, it fails to fire the rockets when you release the trigger but instead does it later when the weapon starts to switch? Cuz I hate that bug, and this description doesn't sound like it.

Last edited:

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
# Added cut/copy/paste support to the console.# Added cut/copy/paste support to the console.# Added cut/copy/paste support to the console.# Added cut/copy/paste support to the console.# Added cut/copy/paste support to the console.# Added cut/copy/paste support to the console.# Added cut/copy/paste support to the console.# Added cut/copy/paste support to the console.# Added cut/copy/paste support to the console.# Added cut/copy/paste support to the console.

Indeed.

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
Is it really so hard to ask them to make the bots not so God-like on all settings?

I digress, there's a lot of stuff in there that i am quite pleased to see being fixed.

Is the demo guy problem fixed in the beta?

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
What problem?

You can't see the issue in that photo because the problem is with the FPV arms ... you don't see nearly as much as you should or do if you don't have a WS monitor. If you really want to see how much of the arms you are missing then just take a look at some of the screenshots Buffy has taken of EEs models on his website.

Wunderbar_007

.Lateral Thought.
Nov 11, 2005
Montreal
What problem?

Very nice screen! Anuban is correct however, you won't notice it on that screenshot. It's a problem where the top and bottom of the screen is horisontaly cut, as if zoomed in. I may be wrong, but other UE3 games have had this issue (Bioshock I think) and they were fixed. I just thought this was a known issue and am very surprised this hasn't been dealt with yet.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
So wait a sec, moving perhaps scaling and adjusting the fov on the first person weapons could stop all this screaming about widescreen support :rolleyes:

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
Handedness=2.000000
Problem solved.
Unless what you mean is to have a scene rendered based off the v-res to calculate the h-rez giving you an extra 168px advantage on each side over standard displays. This is compared to the current 96px advantage 4:3 screens have rendered on the top and bottom.
I use a 16:10 screen for UT3 and imo the current sceme is the lesser of two evils.

Wunderbar_007

.Lateral Thought.
Nov 11, 2005
Montreal
Handedness=2.000000
Problem solved.
Unless what you mean is to have a scene rendered based off the v-res to calculate the h-rez giving you an extra 168px advantage on each side over standard displays. This is compared to the current 96px advantage 4:3 screens have rendered on the top and bottom.
I use a 16:10 screen for UT3 and imo the current sceme is the lesser of two evils.

That advantage you mention is precisely what I'm talking about. Here are some visual examples of what I mean.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/shortscreened/bioshocks-widescreen-pissing-people-off-291697.php
http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5927

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
He said it's the lesser of the two evils :p I happen to agree.

DemoGuy is unfixable, it's an engine problem.

I can't believe some poeple are saying that the patch is "uninteresting". About the only thing I could have asked for more would have been gametype voting on the vote system.

XeroWolf

Unreal Ninja
Jan 21, 2006
Grenada
Yes yes patch is looking awesome but still much needed to be done. Keep em coming Epic, we got mods to build. :D