UT3 Appreciation

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
really? I'm on almost every day. There was 2 or 3 days I was recovering from excessive abuse of alcohol, but that was a week ago or so.

It might be my settings, let me check...

edit
got it. My stupid settings.

Last edited:

jomi294

gg
Sep 20, 2008
Monterrey, Mexico
Goo probably just sticks around foreeeeeever (a few seconds) because it's incredibly easy to avoid. You know, being a _gigantic flourescent blob_ and everything. You have to be really distracted or just plain horrible to just walk into blobs. Except of course they're placed in 'key' locations like, outside a teleporter or around corners.

Obviously, once you die from one of those once, it shouldn't happen again. Of course if it does and you continue walking into this massive flourescent blobs, it's not the weapon's fault, is it?

:< ALTHOUGH, invis-bios were indeed the most frustrating thing in the planet

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
Goo probably just sticks around foreeeeeever (a few seconds) because it's incredibly easy to avoid. You know, being a _gigantic flourescent blob_ and everything. You have to be really distracted or just plain horrible to just walk into blobs. Except of course they're placed in 'key' locations like, outside a teleporter or around corners.

Obviously, once you die from one of those once, it shouldn't happen again. Of course if it does and you continue walking into this massive flourescent blobs, it's not the weapon's fault, is it?

:< ALTHOUGH, invis-bios were indeed the most frustrating thing in the planet

lol, let's just make them stick around for 10 minutes then.

Then we will really find out who is the most competent.

I equate the goo secondary with the Redeemer.

Last edited:

Neon_Knight

Mar 2, 2009
Argentina
Some of the things I like from UT3:
- Greed
- Warfare.
- The vehicles.
- Many of the maps, especially Sentinel, Floodgate, Lostcause, Kargo...
- It's not like UT or UT2004, and I like that. After all, why UT3 should be UT or UT2004 but running on the UE3? That makes no sense! If I wanted to play UT I play UT, and if I wanted to play UT2004 I play UT2004.

The only thing I don't like is that it isn't ported to Linux, but many people said that it ran well under Wine.

WHIPperSNAPper

Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
I think the hoverboard (replicated in a UT 2004 mod), the Countdown node, and the Greed game were good additions. The eye candy was nice. That might be the only good things I have to say about UT3.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
The only thing I don't like is that it isn't ported to Linux, but many people said that it ran well under Wine.

Not really because of the infamous mouse rotation bug (it rotates 360 degrees and not a single degree more). But there is a high chance it will be fixed in the next bi-weekly snapshot. There is also a workaround, but in involves rebuilding Wine from source, and that's never fun. Or give up using the mouse in the menu, which is again never fun.

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
Awwsmacks.jpg

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
I'm not going to sit here and say I'm all good or anything, becaue I'm not.
I suck hard, but I'm not getting 90 percent of my frags from people running into goo I fired 20 years ago.

I proudly get most of my frags from w g00 secondary, suck it ;)
then again I was using g00 gun when it wasnt popular and powerful and you really had to keep feeding the g00 pile to keep it active. so suck it X2! ;) ;)

havent played in over a year which sucks... i will try my bestest to get on the new BU server sometime.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
I proudly get most of my frags from w g00 secondary, suck it ;)
then again I was using g00 gun when it wasnt popular and powerful and you really had to keep feeding the g00 pile to keep it active. so suck it X2! ;) ;)

havent played in over a year which sucks... i will try my bestest to get on the new BU server sometime.

I do love seeing people frag themselves with their own goo, though.
:D

THAT'S WHAT YOU GET!

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
1) MapMixer. hoooboy, it's a whole other game now.

2) EFF YEAH!

3) Shox != instawin for warfare/whatev. Huzzah!

4) GR4F1X PL0X!!1one

5) My custom sylia skin.

6) Greed.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
that there are two or three DM servers in my area where people play and aren't afraid to kick your ass.

It's so fun. God I love this game so much.

There is no rush like UTx DM.
Epic did something right.

Last edited:

TheBlueGnu

May 28, 2011
I liked this game a lot, the only things I didn't like was only two teams, no domination and no assault. What's there is awesome and better then what was before, it just needs some more content.

I can't really play 2004 after getting this game

JCD

Mar 11, 2008
Just picked up UT3 on Steam yesterday. I'm hitting my head against the wall for not buying it earlier, but I seem to remember it being unplayable for me in 2008 and now, inexplicably, it runs well on the same hardware. I seem to remember something about bloom or depth of field stuff I couldn't disable.

God damn this game is good. It's just UT99 in a better engine, and it doesn't get better than that. Like the last guy said, UT2K4 is obsolete.

Wish The Corrupt were done properly and the Skaarj were in there, though.