UT3 2.0 Patch and Titan Pack Released!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
Updating trough steam is really long ATM, and really inaccurate, for example, I lost all my 27% by pausing the download and start it again. I have the RETAIL game MOVED to Steam.

I doubt you lost anything at all. It probably just reset the counter and then only took the remaining content into account from that point on.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Nice :)
I'm sure some people will never be happy regardless of what Epic had done.

btw : those 'steam'-achievements are also available to Steam-free gamers :)

dirtyharry

Jun 11, 2008
Massachusetts
Hmm... seem to lose all controls when I enter a game.

I can navigate the menus fine, but once a map loads, the only keys that work are ctrl-alt-del. D'oh!

I didn't have a problem before the patch and other apps and games work fine.

I've double checked my key binds in the menus and everything appears correct.

Anybody else experience this or have any suggestions as to what might be causing this for me?

For now, the patch has rendered the game unplayable for me, which is killing me because I desperately want to try out all the new content. :(

I had that problem with the beta, and got this reply and it worked:

If that's the same issue i had, delete UTInput.ini from /My Docs/My
Games/Unreal Tournament 3/UTGame/Config. Restart the game so it
recreates the file.

ooooppsss......Hal already posted fix.....

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Har har all these steam errors makes me kinda glad I stuck with the retail copy. I played one map and tried out Betrayal for a few minutes this morning. Will post back with more impressions as soon as I get home from work. I CAN say however that the server browser is a bit better. Can't say the same for the rest of the UI.

r1esG0

Unreal Engine Padawan
Feb 4, 2008
Seville, Spain
so, while most of steam versions are trying to update all at the same time, and steams updates are being ... screwed? because the servers are overcharged, i really think this (the steam update), should be adviced on the main page, mainly because i think you have to close steam and open it again in order the patch be applied, and someone could miss that fact.

I know that almost every thing i say is object of being almost-ignored, but you could also mention that THIS weekend the whole game will be free for EVERYONE to play.

Last edited:

{Ogre}Spin

Apr 24, 2002
Visit site
I doubt you lost anything at all. It probably just reset the counter and then only took the remaining content into account from that point on.

No, he's quite correct, if you pause the download on steam ut3 it starts from scratch again (been doing this with the beta patches as I swapped between beta and 1.3 so I've seen it happen a few times).

Agent4054

Jan 25, 2008
Running UT3 fine on Windows 7 (yay!). As for a moved copy from retail to steam, I am among those. I woke up at 7am and downloaded both the patch and the titan pack and applied them manually since Steam was not auto-updating at that time. Though I noticed a little while later, Steam started downloading the updates to my already updated game. I let it run through, and it's been running alright.

The above isn't a complaint or a question. Just an observation on the process I went through. Was stressing out a little when I saw steam updating my game after I had already done so, but nothing bad came of it. Just time lost from waiting ;)

EXE-973

Aug 25, 2003
Visit site
I also applied the patches to a steam account, and yes it does run an updater. However, the updater seems to DL a lot less content and only takes a few min. My guess is it is pulling steam critical files and verifying the current install.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
newgear.png

There's new googles and parts, at least for the Ronin and Liandry only hence the 2 new characters.

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
The download through steam doesn't work for me. All it does is reset itself at random times over and over again. Am I the only one with this problem?

dirtyharry

Jun 11, 2008
Massachusetts
Played a few Instant Matches and Loved it, went on Epic Server and tried Greed, got the crap kicked out of me by Flak and Dark Pulse, but Loved Every minute of it !

Great Work Epic !

EXE-973

Aug 25, 2003
Visit site
The download through steam doesn't work for me. All it does is reset itself at random times over and over again. Am I the only one with this problem?

I am having that issue on one of my machines. If you had UT3 installed previously, DL the manual updates, turn off steam, apply the patches and then browse to your UT3 binary folder and run the executable without steam on. works fine and you get past Steam's current bandwidth troubles.

U

Unregistered

I have downloaded the titanpack now, and installed it. So tomorrow its going to be a real gamingday :D c u all out there m8ts :)

//Hldr

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I had a warning message when booting up the game about issues with my current nVidia drivers and this version of UT. You might want to download the latest.

Anyway yes the AI seems to have some nice improvements, at least I can see they have in vehicles gametypes.
I haven't played much but it seems like the link gun aimbot has calmed down.