UT2007 Hardware Requirements?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Hmmm. I was certainly expecting to need 2Gig of RAM to run on full settings,
I hope the fact that you don't is an indication that it is really well optimised as presvious UT games have been, rather than being lower quality textures.

U

Unregistered

beergut: atari not more the official supporter for ut2k7 so you could think why he says such things ... :D = )

Syberdoor

Aug 19, 2005
could be that because of the advanced loading mechanisms of seemingless world technology there is no need to load textures of a whole level at once or sthg

also for textures of ut2004 512mb ram and 128mb vram are enough, so with 1gb and 256vram für the next genreation you actually have 100% more

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Nosnos said:
He is just saying that they aren't official... that doesn't mean that they aren't correct or close to correct :)

I kinda figured they were way off after he changed the specs to say "a bunch of made up stuff" in the thread's first post.

Mark Rein [Epic]

Dec 8, 2004
Doesn't make sense

Guys,

We have no idea what the minimum or recommended hardware specs for UT2007 will be. It is way too early to predict that.

U

Unregistered

Im chrizz that posted that may i set this wrong up on there forums but!

someone readed my part of the coupon of XFX they said they run GoW on a Geforce 6800 Ultra or SLI for better performance!

but its a big shame for a company that they dont have released there specs!

Or its a big secret project for other game company's to own them with some specs

like u can run that game on ultra high with 512mb memory and a geforce 6600 without sli. but i dont beleave that. its 10000000 ways better than doom 3 quake 4 and battlefield 2

like quake 4 u need 1gb minimum to run that game on ultra high and also battlefield 2 u need minimum 1gb and a Geforce 6600 to run that game on ultra high.

but i still love epic games i hope they are releasing this year the official specs!

Lauren

Powered By ZΛLMΛN
Apr 25, 2005
DM_Rankin
Im chrizz that posted that may i set this wrong up on there forums but!

someone readed my part of the coupon of XFX they said they run GoW on a Geforce 6800 Ultra or SLI for better performance!

but its a big shame for a company that they dont have released there specs!

Or its a big secret project for other game company's to own them with some specs

like u can run that game on ultra high with 512mb memory and a geforce 6600 without sli. but i dont beleave that. its 10000000 ways better than doom 3 quake 4 and battlefield 2

like quake 4 u need 1gb minimum to run that game on ultra high and also battlefield 2 u need minimum 1gb and a Geforce 6600 to run that game on ultra high.

but i still love epic games i hope they are releasing this year the official specs!

BlackDragon323

Free Citizen of the World
Apr 16, 2003
Silverlake,CA (Los Angeles)
Visit site
Mark Rein [Epic] said:
Guys,

We have no idea what the minimum or recommended hardware specs for UT2007 will be. It is way too early to predict that.

wow..the big guy himself! woot!

Mark, I love the UT series, but maybe think about changing the "2007" naming convention to something else? "Unreal Tournament Envy" still sounds good to me (although it does sounds like a cologne for athletes...).

*sigh* I count the days till we see a demo.....:(

PS- UE3 is going to destroy people's memories of Doom3. Can't wait!
:lol:

SynthDude2001

Apr 17, 2004
Even if those specs are just someone's guesses (which is probably all that they are at this point), it sounds reasonable to me. In any case, I'll need a CPU upgrade at the very least (still on an aging Athlon XP). I've got a 6800GT so I'd probably be set if I didn't want to play at high resolutions...but I do like to play at my monitor's native 1680x1050. ;)

In any case I'm probably waiting to do a full upgrade until right around when the game comes out. I want to be able to get the full experience. ;)

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
BlackDragon323 said:
PS- UE3 is going to destroy people's memories of Doom3. Can't wait!
:lol:

Naww... Going back to Ultimate Doom destroyed my memories of Doom3...

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Mark Rein [Epic] said:
Guys,

I hope they're pretty minimum, I can't afford a new computer at the moment. Judging by the specs. provided UT2K7 won't be making it onto my shopping list.

I'm all for it. Push the latest tech to it's limits. Those system specs seem very reasonable. I mean...did you actually see the game? It looks amazing, and I'm surprised that the specs weren't higher actually.

I think Epic has a lot of stock shares in the computer hardware industry, becuase as it sounds, alot of people will be upgrading or buying new PC's for UT2k7.

You can't move forward without it costing you something.

SweetTooth

Evil Clown
Oct 4, 2004
Mark Rein [Epic] said:
Guys,

if that is indeed the real Mark Rein posting then it sounds like the typical bull**** non answer that companies always give. i highly doubt that is it "too early to predict" as he says because he could always inform the general public of what they are estimating and add the lines "EARLY ESTIMATION" and "NOT OFFICIAL" just to keep us news whores satisfied.

but hey... since when was Epic in the business of keeping the consumers happy? [/cynicism]

on a side note i fully plan on having a brand new up to date rig for UT2007... all i want to know is that UT2007 will have dual monitor support out of the box without any real tweaking.

Last edited:

Yoshiro

Jul 22, 2003
Visit site
Not really, alot of engine development near the end is optimizations to make it run better, so they really can't give a recommended/minimum until those are nailed down imo.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
SweetTooth said:
if that is indeed the real Mark Rein posting then it sounds like the typical bull**** non answer that companies always give. i highly doubt that is it "too early to predict" as he says because he could always inform the general public of what they are estimating and add the lines "EARLY ESTIMATION" and "NOT OFFICIAL" just to keep us news whores satisfied.

but hey... since when was Epic in the business of keeping the consumers happy? [/cynicism]

on a side note i fully plan on having a brand new up to date rig for UT2007... all i want to know is that UT2007 will have dual monitor support out of the box without any real tweaking.
It is indeed the real Rein.

We all know how quickly technology moves on, and UT2007 isn't due for release until mid-2006 at the earliest, so yes it is to early to predict. Chances are current builds of the game are unoptimized and therefore do not represent the performance you'll get out of the box. If Mark did what you asked and predicted system specs now, you'd be bitching in a year's time when the hardware you bought based on that prediction ran UT2007 like crap.

The bottom line is no sane developer is going to give you a pre-emptive minimum/recommended spec nearly a year before their game's due for release. That's just common sense.

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
What Yoshiro said. From what I hear, the leaked version of Doom 3 played far worse (performance-wise) than the final version- and considering Carmack finished the engine long before then, it gives you an idea of just how far through the development the optimisation processes goes. I would have thought Epic could give us an estimate of what the final build of UT2007 would play best on, but that would be an extremely bad business decision, and you can bet they'd be raped through their pants from several hundred directions if they got it wrong.

"Oh my gosh! You didn't say it would be THAT demanding!" or "Ass, I wasted £500 on new hardware when all I needed was another slab of RAM".

:edit: Bah, beat me to it Raptor. :)