UT2004 editor completely unresponsive

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WhirlWindWabbit

Level Designer
Aug 13, 2010
Slovenia
So, yeah, maybe the wrong forum, but still.

I installed UT2004 a few days back to give it another go and maybe mess with the editor a bit. To my surprise, the editor is slower than a legless pigeon cemented into the floor. My PC literally freezes for seconds on end as soon as I click anything, be it a mesh, an actor, a BSP surface - anything. It doesn't matter whether I have a map loaded or not, or if I run any other programs in the background. And yes, I have the latest patch istalled. This never happened before, even on my older, much slower PC, and never happened to me on this rig untill the last install. I just re-installed WinXP with SP3, is there something I forgot to do/install that might be causing this?

Any help would be really appreciated! :)

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
I'll reply just to make you feel better but I have no idea what may be causing this problem.
I would have said check the programs running in the background but it sounds like you've got that covered.
Launch it and then open the Windows Task Manager, see if there's anything weird going on with CPU or RAM usage.
Maybe set the thread priority or affinity as well.