UT taking over my life

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I'm a serious ut-deathmatch addict :)

95 % of the games I play is dm or team dm.
some ctf games, a couple assault games :)

And the hunger, the hunger for more custom models, skins, maps, voicepaks, extras.. blabla :D

Ut-addiction extreme:

actually having the feeling you're IN there. You fire up this map, just to look at it, and to relax.. :)
lava-giant relaxes me, i fire up a ctf game, no bots nothing, and i just stand there on the top of the tower, enjoying the huge panorama you have, and all the ambient sounds.. very kewl..
music i play whilst standing there: skyward fire :) really relaxes me.. (when you come home after one of those boring, loooong days...)

And instagib.. :D

Icebat

Novice
Nov 19, 2000
Wales
I'm totally with you on that score NeoNite.....
just the feeling of being in the game to walk around a favourite map and enjoy the scene around you...and when you go to sleep at night and you see these places in your dreams....I'm just totally hooked!!!!

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Neve's crossing is really beautiful. It came with a level, but i forgot which one :D sorry been a long time...
hall of legends has got a nice umx track, and dm-la2341 too.
(both found on nalicity)

i'm telling you, this add-on map, dm-closertoheaven
it's really small and simple, but somehow i got this wicked feel when i'm playing that map :)
just imagine this:
your playing on the top of the biggest building in the world (it's so high, it reaches into the stratosphere)
You're actually above the clouds.. :) you can see the transition from blue sky to space.. kewl.

Falling down to earth happens frequently afcourse..:D

If only the map would've been twice as big.. ah well.

SadaraK

Groving in UT since 1999
Jan 1, 2001
UK
In all seriousness though (although I am deeply afraid that alot of posts here are the compleat truth), do you guys ever get that thing where you close your eyes and all you see is UT playing? Same thing happens when I goto sleep sometimes....

I think the docters will be here soon so bye bye (!!!£!"!%£) :/

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Hm not really, i see the levels, no fighting :) i fight with my eyes open :D
seriously, ut has an array of beautiful levels.. gotta admit that. Unreal too. duh.

Say sadarak, is that avatar losely based on the cover of that manowar cd? :D?

I could be wrong. :)

Zenda

Turbo Adept+10%
Jan 31, 2001
London
Visit site
dm-closertoheaven ... I've not played that on yet. I've just downloaded it. Thx

A magic moment I remembered today was when I had just installed the UT Demo. My very first time. I had done Daggerfall, Requiem, Unreal and Q2. So I was kind of ready for a variety of powerful weapons.

I wasn't ready for twin enforcers.

Maybe that's why I leaped out of my chair, bellowing like a berserker and making agressive gestures at the bots. I felt ready for anything.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
ok zenda, but if you don't like the map :D don't blame me...
it's an ok 1V1 instagib map for me. :)
It really really oughta have been twice as big... :I ah well.

ut music really rox :)
I've always considered ut to be a special game, special feel.. something funny about ut, my thoughts when i first played ut. :)
something funny, but not bad. Something good.
variety.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
The UT music IS awesome. I'll be playing an intense game of instagib in Liandri Central Core (one of my favorite maps) and I won't even notice it when the background music kicks it into the upper gear, but I notice when I start to get an adrenaline rush and it actually makes me play better!

Also, the music on CTF-ProjectX2 is frickin sweet. I turn the music up higher than the sound effects on that map until I get tired of the same thing looping. Same with DM-Morpheus.

That paper's due tomorrow and I'm not working on it. I wrote the first paragraph. I think I need psychological help or something ;)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
i like the idea of being a criminal or outlaw or bounty hunter instead of a marine (it's been done right?) :D

And i'm very glad i've found a dm version of the city intro!!!!

Zenda

Turbo Adept+10%
Jan 31, 2001
London
Visit site
dm-closertoheaven r0x - thx again NeoNite.

This is one of the great things about UT ...

The engine is superb, and the editor means that the quality of the game changes according to who's had great inspiraton in mapping.

I think I'm getting familiar with the UT, and then comes along a map which adds a whole new world of gameplay.

MadMonk I've got a lot of respect for. He does miracles with jump pads and z-axis.

and

Originally posted by SadaraK
In all seriousness though (although I am deeply afraid that alot of posts here are the compleat truth), do you guys ever get that thing where you close your eyes and all you see is UT playing? Same thing happens when I goto sleep sometimes....

I think the docters will be here soon so bye bye (!!!£!"!%£) :/
Yes, indeed. And this is weird ... My nightmares have become less problematic.

You know that old joke:
Yea, though I walk through the shadow of the valley of death. I shall fear no evil because I am the meanest son of a bitch that ever walked through that valley.

Well, I seem to be dreaming with attitude. I seem to be less helpless and what used to be full on horror now provokes - OK - fear, anxiety etc, but somehow this kind of hard-core deathmatch spirit permeates the scene, giving me unquenchable hope.

Like the 'still small voice of calm' ...
Apart from the bits to do with 'still', 'small' and 'calm' :)

(UJE)SJ

May 18, 2001
Stonehenge, England
Visit site
I should be in bed right now. Thing is, I finished work @ 9pm friday night, now 05:15 Saturday, LOL. One of my mates has just started work. oh well, he'll be finished @ 8am. He's just got cable so we will be able to frag each other up good. :p

Poll: do i go to bed for 2-3 hrs or not ?

FOR - been working 9 full days on the trot and i *NeeD* sleep.

AGAINST - if i dont goto sleep, i'll goto bed early tonight and re-adjust my sleeping patterns to something that resembles "Normal" :)

/me ponders ..

anyone still around .. pop into .. irc.enterthegame.com #jam for some realtime chat loveliness :/

SJ.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
tnx zenda :D
I've found most maps on nalicity or headshot.
All maps on headshot are reviewed though.. most on nalicity aren't, so sometimes it's a guess if you dl a map.. good or bad? :I

Sometimes a ut tune pops up in my head, out of the blue. Most of the times it's .. again.. :D neve's crossing.
Or suprfist :)