UT Mods

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Whats your favorite Game Type

• Total voters

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
I think the reason I love CTF so much is from facing worlds. The guy that made that map is a genius!

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
marko said:
I think the reason I love CTF so much is from facing worlds. The guy that made that map is a genius!

HAHA

No, he isn't. (Well, in this particular case he isn't)

What he should've done, to protect the spawning players:

Put playerstarts BEHIND the tower, so you can safely enter the base and at least prepare yourself for battle. At least give the players that bit of safety, edge.

I remember seeing an aimbot motard a couple times (I was spectating) easily picking off countless of enemies..

Pang,Pang,Pang,Pang,Pang,Pang,Pang,Pang,Pang,Pang,Pang,Pang,Pang,Pang,Pang,Pang.. etc..

Oh yes, lol, fun for the sniper. SUCKS for the others.

Facing worlds a great map? Not very likely :hmm:

Oh yeah, and I've seen the Monsterhunt version for face:

BORING.
:O( unfortunately...

Hey, why even play the monsterhunt version?

Get yourself the "monstermadness" mutator. Save yourself the trouble of downloading yet another version of the map.

Predcaliber

One Day I'l Beat Lauke
Jun 17, 2003
The Netherlands
www.predcaliber.com
Like deck16, Face is also one of the maps with thousands of remakes, that are mostly very bad.
I find also find 'Facing Worlds' nothing more than a camp map, and if I have dont have a transloc, I dont go to the enemy side, or I quit the sever. ;)

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
asylum said:
Rocket arena? no damage, shoot the floor and bounce and the speed!!! small tight maps, 1v1 or 2v2 v.nice!

If you want some games on RA, give me a sign ;) . I installed it recently on the server and it's easily switched to thanks to the latest version of x3dfxmapvote.

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
Predcaliber said:
Like deck16, Face is also one of the maps with thousands of remakes, that are mostly very bad.
So true! when I baught UT 2k4 and saw that there was a second face called "Face 3" I thought it would of fixed some of the problems with Face classic. But instead I find that its an egyptian map that looks completely differnt from face, and it so big you cant even find the guy with flag!!

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
facing worlds is unfair , but its unfair equally. both teams have to take equall risk. and makes for some verry fun revenge runs!
G_H_O_S_T_ said:
bleeep
>AWWWWWW YOOOOOOOOOO AARRREEEE GGGOOIIINNNGGG TTOOO DIIIEEE!!!!

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Predcaliber said:
I find also find 'Facing Worlds' nothing more than a camp map, and if I have dont have a transloc, I dont go to the enemy side, or I quit the sever. ;)

I remember in early versions of UT , the translocator had no delay at all , people running to the enemy flag were totally unkillable in CTF-Face , translocating hundred times during the travel to the enemy base.

Fortunately , the (very small) delay introduced by one of the patches made the people using the translocator (just a bit) less invulnerable