UT: How do you successfully create a looping mover?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Quiet-us

Ambidextrous amputee.
May 8, 2005
Ubiquitously concealed.
I wish to create a piston that is constantly looping in it's animation.

I tried adding it as a normal mover, then adjusting it's settings and found nothing.

I then added it as a loop mover, set up the keyframes as usual, but it didn't seem to work, either.

Is there anything else that I need to be doing in order to have it just loop infinitely?

Many thanks, in advance, to anybody who helps out. :D

Quiet-us

Ambidextrous amputee.
May 8, 2005
Ubiquitously concealed.
Thanks for the replies, guys.

Annonymous_mapper (2 n's? :)) I think that if the area is zoned properly, it shouldn't matter that much whether it's active all the time. Am I right? Or do you mean I should add some kind of zone trigger so that when somebody enters the relevant area, it triggers again?

And, just to clarify, Rob. :)

I use a stochastic trigger with the tag and event set to the mover in question and set it's properties to always active? If so, it's a little strange that there isn't an option in the loop mover to be always active, no?

Last edited: