UT 2k3/2k4 RainbowSix mute would like some testers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Bug Fixes anyone?

Well, having learned a lot from my YARM work, I have decided to come back and properly fix some stuff (code mostly, although some model stuff) in TD once and for all (or so I hope....). That being said, is there anyone left who still plays it and is simply dying to have some feature or other fixed?

Planned/completed fixes:
-New crouch anims
-better upper torso anims
-Weapon switching actually fixed now (no more having to rely only on the number keys to switch between weapons in the same group)
-Bots will fire semi autos properly now
-Weapon Crosshair Fix

I have also thought about simply grandfathering TD into YARM (as the YARM code base is much cleaner).

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
meowcat said:
..That being said, is there anyone left who still plays it and is simply dying to have some feature or other fixed?
Are you kidding? Iron Sights and freeaim! :D

Oh and hi.

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
I´ll make chorus w Zeep: iron sights and free aim... but If you update TD, I´ll dl and play it even if theses wish won´t be granted...;-)
Anyway, even if You only add "shade" iron sights I would be gratefull!!! XD
You can merge YARM with TD code, since TD doesn´t lose it "style" ... I don´t have a clue about code, but if it would make TD CPU friendly, its worth to try!
We love TD and would betatest it for sure! ;-)

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
FUKING HELL, this are sites I´ve searched for 'decades', thank you so fuking much Silver.

@meowcat:
Why don't you use the Rogue Spear models for your mutator/mod, they are more highquality than the R6 ones. Or are they legal issues?

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
@Psychomorph: Initially I had been going for the more "rainbow six" feel (low poly and all), but in any event I had to remake all of the content from scratch anyways since it is not be legal to use their content in any way, shape or form (although I would love to use the weapon sounds, INF 2.75 actually did *seem* to use the r6 9mm sound for the M9 ;) - if you happen to listen to them both, I'd swear they are the exact same sound, and the jungle texture in DM-INF-Peru map is also a modified texture from mission 13 in R6...)

Anyways, I have been thinking about making higher poly versions of the Player models, and if I chage TD to be based on the
YARM code, then I will remake them.

@ Silver_Ibex: Thanks! those are some real nice shots.... darn it , now I may actually be forced to go back and redo some of those models... :)

Burger

Lookin' down the iron-sights...
Aug 9, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
So what are the newest versions?
I've just downloaded TangoDown2K4ModBeta136 and TDW_Vehicles108nonUmod.

Can the mutators be run together or is it gonna screw up?
What other 3rd part mutators can I use with this (UT2k4)

Keep up the good work, meowcat.

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
@Burger: yeah that is the latest released version. Depending on which Tango Down mutators you turn on, they will be compatible with most other mutators (although TD Players will replaces the pawn and player controller class so that will break some compatibilty). The Tango Down vehicles replace the scorpion hell bender and manta (altough you can choose whether or not you want to turn them on or off).

@Silver_Ibex: Thanks for reminding me! I just implemented a modified version (without custom controller, so the camera does not roll yet) and it seems to work quite well, and is much nicer (you and the MVP team will be in the credits now). The only trick is how to get the leaning body to register hits (and my manual hitboxes don't seem to work just yet).....

Last edited:

Silver_Ibex

Feb 27, 2001
Good to hear the leaning code is going to be in :)

Incase you haven’t done this yet, here are the fixed vehicle light offsets to fix the floating lights :D

Code:
//Offsets for ONS_TDHummer lights 

HeadlightCoronaOffset(0)=(X=140.000000,Y=25.000000,Z=30.000000)
     HeadlightCoronaOffset(1)=(X=140.000000,Y=-25.000000,Z=30.000000)
     BrakeLightOffset(0)=(X=-143.000000,Y=45.000000,Z=21.000000)
     BrakeLightOffset(1)=(X=-143.000000,Y=-45.000000,Z=21.000000)

//Offsets for ONS_TDIFAV lights 
     HeadlightCoronaOffset(0)=(X=115.000000,Y=30.000000,Z=25.000000)
     HeadlightCoronaOffset(1)=(X=115.000000,Y=-30.000000,Z=25.000000)
     BrakeLightOffset(0)=(X=-100.000000,Y=40.000000,Z=12.000000)
     BrakeLightOffset(1)=(X=-100.000000,Y=-40.000000,Z=12.000000)

edited to fix TDHummer "BrakeLightOffset(0)" Removed a typo - from the Y value.

Last edited:

Corporal_Lib [BR]

C´mon!!! Meowcat and Silver, join forces and release TD (or YARM) with Iron Sights and Free Aim!!! {;-)
I want a nice looking INF (with UT2K4 engine), since the HL2 got scrapped... XD

Edit (2 hours later): Ohh boy, haven´t tryed yet the latest YARM... now I´ve got it! YARM HAS IRON SIGHTS... at least in the main guns (AKSU/BIZON/HALO SMG/M16/SA80/M14)!! Sweet... but if you guys join forces and implement all changes that could entrance the INF players, your fan list would grow sky height! {;-)

Small doubt: can I mix TD pistols with YARM Weapons? TD pistols are almost iron sights (DE and SOCCOM are aligned alike) and could substitute YARM handguns that doesn´t raise to the eyes...

Last edited:

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Its a fact, TD pistols work with YARM but I didn´t tested TD weapons all along... that mix came along nicely! ;-)
But I can´t find the G36 in YARM (neither in the weapon racks nor in the default loadouts by class [both YARM WEAPONS and CTF style])... it was substituted bythe SA80???

And I´ve noticed the handguns doesn´t open the chamber when empty, just for a moment when you act the reloading... but Im not complaining, I know its stil beta! ;-)

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Hey, Meowcat, any news from YARM/TD brought altogether? Had many enjoyable playing hours with YARM using TD pistols, and I found out I had to spawn through console the "missing weapons" n the loadouts (RPG7, AT4, G36, SR25, etc...) Is there a way to make the YARM loadout configurable like TD is?
Niiice work, loved to play UT2K4 with modern weapons and iron sights...

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Well my university web hosting finally ran out (I graduated back in June) so I should probably try to get hosted somewhere first. As for YARM/TD brought together, I remade/reskinned the mp5 models, M16 model, the TD player models (I like my new ones a lot), but I will not redo (or include) all of the old TD weapons. I have yet to bring a lot of the original TD weapon loadout code to YARM. I may change some player movement in TD by removing leaning and prone (only for TD) and slowing the strafe speed. Leaning is a pain in the rear because it forces you to remove every single replication optimization that Epic included, and has all sorts of nasty collision issues (with really hacked fixes). Prone is really impractical because Bots always see you and most of the time you are always moving around fast enough that it is just not really used.

Once I find some hosting, I will probably upload what I have so that there is at least something available for people to try and give me feedback on. and of course levels, as usual, are not really done :(

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Nice to hear such good news (except for the "looking for host" part...)!!! So, TD won´t but YARM will still have Leaning and Prone? Hope all guns (at least all primaries) will feature iron sights... Perhaps some red dots.. XD
I´m looking foward a lot for this new version! Count on me for beta-testing and feedback! =D

It´s possible to use RO´s, FO or SAS maps for YARM/TD gameplay? It would be a temporary solution for the lack of TD/YARM own maps (could you convert TD Library map for "daylight"???)

Keep up the nice work, meow!!!

Post Scriptum: Could you plz include a tutorial in the README.txt explaining how to use (and key bind) all the YARM special movements??? I don´t know how can I use the rope, edge grappling, etc... Thanx! ;-)

Last edited:

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Yeah, still here. There might be a possibility of getting a web host in a bit. I'd really like to get the redone MP5s and playermodels out. The revised TD content is now a "subpart" of YARM, meaning you can actually have both versions of TD installed without screwing everything up. Also, been working on Singleplayer bot code. Hoping to make a few single player / coop missions, but that depends on how many mappers I can find to help out. Got any ideas for cool Coop missions?