using Xan...is it cheat?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
I hate you guys.
NOw you tell me this is not a cheat!!!
I got banned from two servers last night becuase I accused the players using xan skin for cheating!!!
Puffffttttt.

ION_Ace

Assault player
Dec 26, 2000
Behind you
www.clan-ion.com
Most, if not all of the above is bullshit about the skins, the only real advantages are.

1) War cow is harder to headshot

2) Xan II sometimes gets the colour b0rked and u look red instead of blue also it has a lot higher poly count which lags lower end systems.

For those reasons both them skins are banned from UTassault league.

Merlin|BuF

Magically Delicious
Nov 3, 2000
Edmonton Alberta CANADA!
Visit site
*sigh*

that redemmer in November is bull cause of some thread someone started with a pic of a redemer conslole (from alt-fire) going into the red base so while we are all going to make fun of me now cause you were just kidding I'm sticking to this story.

Pillsbury Flow Boy

The Stairway to Revvin'
Jan 22, 2001
CC,NV,USA
www.knightgames.net
seeing as how I use UED alot, and look at other maps pretty much for a feel of using the editor, I can tell you plain and simple, THERE IS NO REDEEMER ON CTF-NOVEMBER... haven't seen the league, or championiship remakes, but I'm sure it's not there either... but what the hell do I know right?

hell I just found the shield belt, and redeemer on Thorns :D

Kilham

Lost in RL
Oct 11, 2000
Scotland
clanrsu.com
nov.jpg

cornman

Are you afraid of corn? You should be.
Nov 20, 2000
MB, Canada
Visit site
Originally posted by Reaper[DLZ]
I consider using the Nali War Cow model some sort of cheating. I played alot against my pals using the NWC model and i can't get one damn headshot. Usually, i'm not that bad. I sure can score some headshots in a game when playing against normal models and against Xan, too.

Personally i think it's just unfair to use the NWC model as well as using Xan, if it is really true that he's got advantages over the other models. If you plan a duel on me, please don't use the NWC or i'll be completely lost.

Any suggestions which could help me?

I totally agree--The NWC is very annoying---I does offer an advantage to some degree.

Omega-Seven

Apr 17, 2000
none.yet
Kilham, wonderful pic/editing...but everyone knows that using the IH is CHEATING ;) eh nightmare? muahaha
Redeemer looks rather odd, and also I think I've only ever seen a redeemer standing up like that in Strangelove Mod.

Incidentally, I think Xan has a built in IH in the crotch. Moreover, he has a secret instagib weapon. It's acessed by hitting the number 11 key on your keyboard (not the function key, but the number key, comes after 10, right baove the letters).

When you do this, Xan's fist sticks out. Primary fire results in a raised middle finger, instantly gibbing anyone in a straight lin infront of the finger. Secondary fire brings the left hand out horizontally, and if you are really skilled, you can combo the two for an almighty redeemer like effect centered on Xan.

Gir

Offensive mode!
Apr 23, 2000
Peking Eend.
Visit site
Few people know that if you do that a-la rocketjump style, Xan will automaticly make a complete striptease thus showing his true self.
And Abba makes the best Industrial I've ever heard. :p

Kilham

Lost in RL
Oct 11, 2000
Scotland
clanrsu.com
Originally posted by Jing
Kilham, wonderful pic/editing
Sorry i can't take credit for that, Garrett posted it originally.

nov1.jpg

Oh yes i found this in my IRC log ;)

<Nightmare> I may not get many kills but when I do they're usually humiliating :)
<Nightmare> the telefrag, the enforcer.... I've gotten many IH kills in a crowded server

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Originally posted by Reaper[DLZ]

I consider using the Nali War Cow model some sort of cheating. I played alot against my pals using the NWC model and i can't get one damn headshot. Usually, i'm not that bad. I sure can score some headshots in a game when playing against normal models and against Xan, too.

Personally i think it's just unfair to use the NWC model as well as using Xan, if it is really true that he's got advantages over the other models. If you plan a duel on me, please don't use the NWC or i'll be completely lost.

Any suggestions which could help me?

Yeah, get used to it. You can't tell people what skin/model to use.

Besides, here's a hint. To get a headshot on the Nali cow, aim for the weapon rack. The rack is where any other model's head would be. They're all the same size.

Kiham: you're just a jerk :D

I don't mind the jokes and everything, but being called a cheater over and over, even if it IS in jest, is starting to piss me off. So please don't do that. This means you Swarthy. ;)

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
Hey Bangin, I love the new status! A friend of mine from high school went on to get a degree in linguistics. We always refer to him as the cunning linguist. :D