using 2 materials in MS3D deco for UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Hi all ... Just made my first two-texture model, but once my model's in UnrealTournament as a decoration, all areas using the first texture are displaying the second texture, did i miss a step somewhere? Everything looks great in MS3d, it's inside the bounding box, etc etc.:

class bottle extends PianoHorrorPack;

#exec MESH IMPORT MESH=bottle ANIVFILE=MODELS\bottle_a.3d DATAFILE=MODELS\bottle_d.3d X=0 Y=0 Z=0
#exec MESH ORIGIN MESH=bottle X=0 Y=0 Z=0

#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=bottle SEQ=All STARTFRAME=0 NUMFRAMES=1
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=bottle SEQ=Still STARTFRAME=0 NUMFRAMES=1

#exec MESHMAP NEW MESHMAP=bottle MESH=bottle
#exec MESHMAP SCALE MESHMAP=bottle X=0.25 Y=0.25 Z=0.5

#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=bottleskins FILE=Textures\bottleskins.bmp GROUP=Skins FLAGS=2
#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=bottleskins FILE=Textures\bottleskins.bmp GROUP=Skins PALETTE=bottleskins
#exec MESHMAP SETTEXTURE MESHMAP=bottle NUM=1 TEXTURE=bottleskins

#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=botteltop FILE=Textures\botteltop.bmp GROUP=Skins FLAGS=2
#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=botteltop FILE=Textures\botteltop.bmp GROUP=Skins PALETTE=botteltop
#exec MESHMAP SETTEXTURE MESHMAP=bottle NUM=2 TEXTURE=botteltop

defaultproperties
{
DrawType=DT_Mesh
Mesh=bottle
}

FireSlash

Whats a FireSlash?
Feb 3, 2001
Central Ohio
www.unrealannihilation.com
try this:

change
Code:
#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=bottleskins FILE=Textures\bottleskins.bmp GROUP=Skins FLAGS=2 
#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=bottleskins FILE=Textures\bottleskins.bmp GROUP=Skins PALETTE=bottleskins 

#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=botteltop FILE=Textures\botteltop.bmp GROUP=Skins FLAGS=2 
#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=botteltop FILE=Textures\botteltop.bmp GROUP=Skins PALETTE=botteltop 
to:
Code:
#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=bottleskins FILE=Textures\bottleskins.bmp GROUP=bottleskins FLAGS=2 
#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=bottleskins FILE=Textures\bottleskins.bmp GROUP=bottleskins PALETTE=bottleskins 

#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=botteltop FILE=Textures\botteltop.bmp GROUP=bottletop FLAGS=2 
#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=botteltop FILE=Textures\botteltop.bmp GROUP=bottletop PALETTE=botteltop 

well hmm... Tried using num=0 and num=1 for the two textures but still all surfaces only get the second texture. And setting "bIsMultiSkinned=True" only generates an unknown property error during UCC MAKE. I searched from actor on down through decoration and couldn't find any booleans or other properties relating to multiskins, just the array itself.

When i open the Multiskins array in the decoration properties i don't see anything in any of the slots, not sure if i should or not. But my single-tex models that work fine don't show their tex there either.

Could the problem be in Milkshape? I just read an article about working with multiple skins in Studio Max about how you couldn't just assign different materials to different faces, you have to use some sub-object containiner instead. I don't see anything like that in MS3D. I just have two materials set up, with part of the bottle using one of them and part of the bottle using the other ...

Team Fragadelic