UnrealTournament Extension Pack

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
I would like to one makes games with Unreal Engine 1 if Epic allows me some kind of license and if that were to happen and I could use the unreal tournament 436 build, what are chances of making a deal with you shadow to use your content for a profit game?

FXD|Shadow

Mad Man, really
Using the SDK is free for anyone, either non-commercial or commercial development, but as the SDK stands under Artistic Licence 2, you have to fulfill these terms:

- anyone is allowed to copy and distribute the SDK, if a reference is included by whom it was created and where it can be officially downloaded
- A standard and unmodified version of the SDK has to be included (for example the small Runtime) on which the own project bases on
- Package and Resource names must not derive from the sdk-Style Names, which would lead to confusions
- it's allowed using the SDK in a commercial release
- modifying the SDK is only allowed for private use only, but you may distribute it then in Source-Code form only, that clearly marks the difference and improvement towards the Standard Version
- without permission, my name or that of the SDK and it's technology must not be used for marketing and commercial advertising

... among some more, just google artistic licence 2.0 for a detailed description

Last edited:

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
Thanks, but if I was to make money with the SDK, I'd still give you some money for the hard work you put.

FXD|Shadow

Mad Man, really
Ok you guys, some news since it's been since 1 month since the last post

March Update
- completely new Menu/GUI System "XMenus" is being developed (currently pre-Beta State), configuration of the SDK will be featured in UWindows AND XMenus (so no worries about that)
- sdkCore.u has been split into one smaller sdkCore.u/dll and sdkEngine.u/dll
- Today the first Build of the SDK for the Beta Testers @ UT99.org has been released(since these guys are pretty talented themselves so it speeds up progress and bugfixing alot)
- new SoundAPI based on FmodEX
- new Canvas Class with extended functionality like better Alignment, Direct-Screen Texture Drawing, some little helper Functions (like displaying a Screen Grid for controling screen object adjustments)
- Physics Engine "Thelema Physics" goes native

The current version is Beta Build 100 and increases with weekly updates until Q2/2010 when we release the Open Beta and think it's optimized enough.

And yeah, if you feel gifted and skilled enough to join the Beta Development Team then just go to UT99.org and find yourself a suitable section (for example the Physics Engine is still unsigned).#

Meanwhile I joined the team for the "Shamu Quest" SP Mod as Programmer (big surprise here) and I'm writing multiple Native Coding/C++ Tutorials

Oh and here's a Pic of the first Alpha of the XMenus, displaying a Main Menu Prototype

For more infos check these links:

- UT SDK Official Forums @ UT99.org
- UT SDK Official ModDB Page
- UT SDK Official Facebook Group
- UT SDK Official Youtube Channel

Last edited:

Blade_hunter

Unreal tournament mod dude
Jan 23, 2008
Yeah but that means good news :) mostly when there is people who doubted a lot about the release of this project.
Every time I asked for it, there is somebody to tell me that the project is dead ...
But hopefully it's not :D

FXD|Shadow

Mad Man, really
No... it is not dead lol, it's definitively alive, I'm not that kind of guy making april fools' jokes... In my opinion they're not funny at all..

so go out in the world and tell the story about the regained fairy that came back to spread fortune in the ut land xD

FXD|Shadow

Mad Man, really
Ok... bad news this time, Epic noticed the SDK and requested me to cancel the project

Reasons:
- using trademarked names such as "Unreal", "Unreal Engine" (It's always the same old story)
- it could do "damage" to Epic Games
- Mr. Wilbur doesn't believe me that it doesn't change anything of the engine itself

If someone's interested in the Message History between Mr. Wilbur and me I'm going to only PM that, not posting it publicly

Currently I'm discussing with Jay Wilbur on how to continue it

Hm yeah...

Last edited:

FXD|Shadow

Mad Man, really
I hope too, it's not just my Project, it concerns the whole community, since it seems mr. wilbur doesn't understand and/or know what's possible with the official public headers, also The Chosen One and Residual Decay are in danger, and that all pisses me off...

the funniest thing is: we all help them still getting money with UT99, and then I'm labeled to develope a "danger" for Epic

Feb 3, 2010
man what a kicker! and mr wilber asks us now?! after 2 years of hard work and development.great timing he has (sarcasm).

hope it can be resolved.

Daewon

Oct 29, 2009
Czech Republic
I do not understand, you've got the whole SDK in their own subdirectory as it is for example SP Framework (UT2004), no changes to the original files and original UT is necessary to startup modification..
It's ridiculous that Epic be glad that is old UT still popular and it sells.
I don't know how you want to solve, it's really bad that you worked on it for several years and
a month before release, Epic sent this.... and when they can crap on trademark
you may rename it .. In addition, your mod is absolutely free..
I had planned to use SDK for single player mod SkaarjOdyssey.

Last edited:

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
That's a real bummer considering fact the amount for work has put into this project.
How can Epic claim you've modified engine's source to achieve features provided by UT SDK?
I expect reasonable resolution for this situation. I understand trademark concerns, but that's where it ends.