Unreal Texture UT site and S3TC releases

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

kriko

Apr 12, 2011
Anyone else seing problems in DM_morpheus after applying last High-res texture archive? the air around cables is not transparent, just black.

Attachments

• text_problem.jpeg
    text_problem.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 35

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
I see X server :) Well, that's clearly a masking bug, and there are hacks for it somewhere in the INI. Although some textures get masked in software and such, but stop working with S3TC and other renderers since they were not set to be masked to begin with (software somehow interprets the first palette colour as the mask even if it's not set as masked). If I recall correctly, can't find my post there now...

Diehard

I am reinstalling and moving all my data for the project which will take at least a week. So i cant check the map itself, nor can i check the actual S3TC texture involved.

But if the S3TC texture has an Alpha channel for masking than it should be masked regarless, independent if there was an error made by Epic on release. In that case your situation simply could not excist, and likelly its render error above an S3TC problem. If there is an Alpha channel it will always overirde all other settings, which is also the reason other Epic made masking problems were fixed.

But i can only tell if i check the actual error myself. Il try do that next week or so.

Freddie

Mar 21, 2008
Arlington, Virginia
kriko,

I think I had this problem once. As GreatEmerald stated, there's a setting in the Userini file to address this problem. I'm trying to remember which one fixed it for me. It's hard, but it could be "MaskedTextureHack=True."

Try that one to see whether that setting fixes it for you. If not, post back and someone, maybe me, will try, try again.

Freddie

kriko

Apr 12, 2011
MaskedTextureHack=True did it.

UT looks awesome with those textures, it makes my favorite game young again. :)

Thank you!

Protos

Jan 23, 2008
Diehard, how goes it. I still have Hourence on my hardrive. Hope you got something cooking :)

Diehard

MaskedTextureHack=True did it.

That is still odd. I checked the files and they indeed have an Alpha channel for masking. This should force UT under any cicumstance to make the texture masked. And it should work independ from the Texture Hack.

But alla, you solved it, and that is the important part :)

Diehard, how goes it. I still have Hourence on my hardrive. Hope you got something cooking :)

I pretty much have been nothing but ill, so all goes slow. I am preparing a release for Unreal on May 30. The same release for UT may have to wait till a week or 2 later, since processing for the UT textures is alot more complex.

The release should contain a large update for the GenFX created by Ahaigh from Old Unreal. This also includes an Extreme End version which didnt excist yet. If all goes well it will also include a few bugfixes and repairs for the planet textures to solve the annoying stars on the fore/background problem.

I plan the release for Unreal at May 30, and hopefully UT will follow soon after that.

The release for the textures from Hourences have to wait till i can pick up the work on those.

DarkSonny

Beware!
Apr 8, 2008
Malaga, Spain
Diehard I love this game and I love the more when I installed according your explanations these great texts, your work is PRICELESS mate! Thank you!

Ender91

Jun 5, 2011
Hi all, I'm really a big UT fan, and now that you've made those textures.... It's an awesome work! :)
However, I need to re-dl the extreme end textures, but no more MasterFiles?
I'm also working on updating the splash screen..(not much, but.....) If anyone is interested....
Thanks again for your work!

medor

Mar 15, 2009

Diehard

Good news, waiting eagerly for UT update.

I am still working on them, but it all goes alot slower than i want.

Diehard I love this game and I love the more when I installed according your explanations these great texts, your work is PRICELESS mate! Thank you!

Thats always cool to hear :)

However, I need to re-dl the extreme end textures, but no more MasterFiles?

There never were Extreme End MasterFiles because of the sheer size of the files. And i agree its also anoying to download file for file but its safer this way. But than again, i could have another look at it, to see if it might be possible in the future. In the near future the Extreme End files will have MasterFiles for the missing High End packages.

As it is now, people have to download all High End MasterFiles and than also download the Extreme End versions. Which is a bit of a stupid amount of work and basically you are forced to download stuff twice.

S3TCfixPlayer.zip

I would HIGHLY disadvice using the S3TC fix. As it is, the packages are already fixed, and i cannot predict what happens if you run the "fix" over it. At best it does nothing and at worse you have to redownload everything because the packages got damaged and you cannot undo the "fix".

DO NOT USE THE FIX !!!! (at least not on any UTRP package!)

S3TC_Server_Packages_2048x2048.rar

Seems to be the packages ment for the servers. No comments there, all seems ok.

S3TC_Textures_Player_2028x2048.rar

That package seems to be the original S3TC textures from the 2nd CD. There are still people that prefer those above the UTRP packages. And i am not gonna say you shouldnt use them, because thats highly personal. But keep in mind they lack updates, have no fix for the scating/frozen player and still contain misaligned textures as well as masking problems. Futurewise i will also have those for download that have the scating player fix build in.

S3TC_Textures_Players_decayeds4096x4096.rar

That seems to be a rather old version of the Extreme End DecayedS package. This one is 887 Mb while the current version is 951 Mb which will be replaced soon by a 935 Mb version. I asume it also lacks the skating player fix. So i would disadvice using that file.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Yo DIEHARD!
Awesome work my friend. I have been enjoying your high end texture package for several weeks now. I DID NOT use the S3TCfix file and every thing is going well. It all looks awesome. I'm going to drop in the extreme high end textures next. All I can say is after all of this work you have done, I would finally at long last call it an overwhelming success. You da mannnn!

Protos

Jan 23, 2008
Updates Diehard ?

Also can you please give me a pm, having a certain server issue and need to consult with you.

Diehard

The updates are pushed back a bit, because i have to attend too many issues that i have to deal with prior to release. Its mainly the update on the website itself and the helpfiles that is causing the mayor hickups. Well, not to mention i need to fix the various bugreports that came in, in the past year.

And of course a big problem is that i am pretty much behind in my work for a year, and i need to catch up with that somehow, and not try making errors doing that. And of course the fact that healthwise i can only work a few hours a day.

But i will include the packages from Hourences in the UT update when its ready. And of course you can PM me with a problem :)