Unreal 2 Weapons?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CreatuR

Feb 3, 2004
Any thoughts on bringing the rest of the Unreal 2 arsenal back into XMP?? One of the things I liked the most about U2 was the weapons...leechgun, Takkra, Singularity Cannon.

Just a thought.

CreatuR

Feb 3, 2004
Although I disagree, I would still like to see the weapons put in. Maybe an idea would be to allow admins to pick from a list of what type of weapons are allowed to be used on their server.

SylverFyre

Spongebob Squarepants
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.byut.net
personally i think the weapons in XMP are almost perfectly balanced

while the U2 weapons u mention are good - they are a bit gimmicky (good for single player) but i cant see where they could fit into XMP without tipping the class balance and ruining the gameplay tbh
:)

RushofBlood

Jan 29, 2004
I like how the weapons are balanced, but... I do miss the alien rail gun in the single player. Using that weapon against other people would be great!

CreatuR

Feb 3, 2004
Ok, I think we are getting a little off the subject and I would like to revert us back to the original topic. Has or is anyone (including the left over members of Legend) looking into putting the rest of the original U2 arsenal into XMP? I’m not looking for opinions here. I’m just looking for an answer. I don’t look to computer games for some kind of self-fulfilling competition, I just like to play them from time to time and I would probably play this one more often if it included more of what I like.

headwire

ranger extraordinaire
Dec 28, 2003
No, CreatuR, I imagine they aren't for the reasons that people have stated in this thread. The balance is delicate, and adding these weapons could fubar it completely.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
headwire said:
No, CreatuR, I imagine they aren't for the reasons that people have stated in this thread. The balance is delicate, and adding these weapons could fubar it completely.

Which explains the long beta test period.

CreatuR

Feb 3, 2004
Ok, Last time. I am not looking for your opinions here. Please save them for another thread. All I would like to know is if someone out there wether it be third pary or or the original progammers are working on re-introducing the rest of the U2 arsenal in XMP?

/me feels like a broken record

CreatuR

Feb 3, 2004
Daedalus said:
probably not/NO ok?
:lol:
Heh. Daedalus, thank you for addressing my topic. However, I understand you live on this message board and I think I will wait to here from other people before ending my search.

headwire

ranger extraordinaire
Dec 28, 2003
headwire said:
No, CreatuR, I imagine they aren't for the reasons that people have stated in this thread.

Did I not say exactly the same thing as Daedalus?

CreatuR

Feb 3, 2004
headwire said:
Did I not say exactly the same thing as Daedalus?

Headwire, although as you and I both know the XMP community is quite small, I think I will still continue hear from others before I end my search.

MrMaddog

Flak Monkey
Jul 13, 2002
Parts Unknown
You have to remember that XMP is a "total" seperate program from Unreal 2, in fact you don't even need U2 installed. It's in a seperate directory so it doesn't even touch anything from Unreal 2.

You "could" put the paths from U2 in MyXMP.int, but you have to think that not everyone installed u2 in C:/Unreal2 or even have U2 at all on the hard drive.

It could be done, but only if you write up a custom installer that puts in the U2 paths in MyXMP.int or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.