UT2kX Unreal 2 Invasion Monsters (beta 5)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
Shot00045.png

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NWKaSDEUxctSSthwYvayXm5oi3iuPftk/view?usp=sharing
Download links:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NWKaSDEUxctSSthwYvayXm5oi3iuPftk/view?usp=sharing
https://www.moddb.com/games/unreal-tournament-2004/addons/u2creaturespack-beta5

Credits: VendorX, Gebsani, Wail of Suicide, Milk, Satore, Fraghouse Team, Iniquitous, Legend Entertainment

Description: This is a pack of over 30 invasion monsters converted from Unreal 2. This latest update improves a lot of the monsters to be closer to their original versions. The skaarj can now block bullets and dodge projectiles, the araknids can now leap, and the light drakk now shoot beams while at close range.

Full change list:
-Overhauled the skaarj to be larger and include Unreal 2-style bullet blocking, projectiles, dodging, lunging, taunts, and more
-Implemented Unreal 2's monster leaping code for the heavy/medium araknids and the skaarj
-The heavy skaarj does not block bullets like the other types, instead his armor protects him
-Overhauled the heavy araknid with new attacks and sounds
-Made it so the light, medium, and heavy skaarj now make use of their facial animations to blink and snarl
-Made changes to make most of the monsters more aggressive
-Properly rotated the human, skaarj, tosc, and izarian models before importing them into UT2004, allowing for animation blending
-Gave new face shaders to the light marines and angels (not sure if it looks any different, but it's similar to what Unreal 2 did)
-Added anim notifications to the angels' melee animations (so now they should do damage)
-Increased the knockback of the human monsters' melee attacks
-Added two new light marine model variants and 3 light angel variants
-Made it so the tosc now drops a singularity cannon after taking enough damage (will not spawn with weapon replacement mutators active)
-Removed the execute attacks from the skaarj, izarians, tosc, and araknid boss
-Fixed the parata's melee sound
-Shrunk the light drakk and changed its behavior to make it somewhat closer to the Unreal 2 version
-Fixed a bug that made the spore survive its own attack
-Implemented the screen shake effect from Unreal 2 for the mukhogg, rammer, skaarj, and medium/heavy araknids
-Changed the marshal's skins to the non-transparent versions
-Made adjustments to the heavy liandri angel, light skaarj, and medium skaarj models
-Implemented head tracking for the skaarj and humans
-Changed the alpha araknid to be closer to the actual alpha version
-Fixed various log warnings
-Trimmed a few packages and removed a few redundant packages

It's still only a beta after all these years because I still don't think it feels complete enough to count as a full release, but whatever. It was taking too long to get anywhere, so I figured I should just release what I have now.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
This is impressive really, the amount of changes and work you put into this over time.