Unassisted Triple Play: I'd like to see you do it!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Who heard about the unassisted triple play Randy Velarde got in yesterday's Athletics-Yankees game? Damn that's some lucky ****. He just stands there, gets the ball hit to him, catch the ball, tag the runner, tag the base, sit on the bench. How fux0red is that?

For you Euros, I'm talking about baseball. Velarde's play was the rarest play in the 130 year history of Major League Baseball. Rarer than the perfect game and a four home run game. Yet you have to be pretty damn lucky to just stand there and get a triple play without throwing the ball to someone else.

------------------
The66thDopefish
a.k.a. The Dopefish
QuickICQ: 70291071

<The_Dopefish|PuF> One minute you think someone's gay, the next, they're British.
<The_Dopefish|PuF> Damn sneaky bastards.

[This message has been edited by The Dopefish (edited 05-30-2000).]

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
Curiousity strikes me, is it rared than hitting a cycle? I would think so...

bullet2.gif

Because hey, if it weren't for Llamas? I wouldn't seem like such a great guy.

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
"a cycle"?????

That is cool Dopefish :)

bullet2.gif

Clan [Boom]
The undisputed, world champion, 1on1, UT clan.
[Boom]Boom|PuF

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Morety: hitting for the cycle is a lot more common than you think. Boom: hitting for the cycle means getting a single, a double, and triple, and a home run in the same game. It's really common, and I could find the number of times it has occured at http://www.majorleaguebaseball.com which is also the place where you can find lots of other stats.

bullet2.gif

The66thDopefish
a.k.a. The Dopefish
QuickICQ: 70291071
Hours: 7:30 AM EST-9:00 AM EST, 3:00 PM EST-11:00 PM EST M-F (except vacations, days off), 12:00 PM EST-12:00 PM EST Sat. and Sun.

<The_Dopefish|PuF> One minute you think someone's gay, the next, they're British.
<The_Dopefish|PuF> Damn sneaky bastards.

BirddoG

Nov 20, 1999
Visit site
hardest hit for the cycle imo is the triple
single - easy
double - fast runner or ground rule
triple - errr
home run - this season? easy :)

F

[F-U]Ruffrider

Actually dope, I have done a unassisted triple play playing short stop. They had the hit and run on. Guy lined to me I caught it, tagged second base, and tagged the guy running from 1st.

Now I Pitch and play Centerfeild.... I miss the good old days of non high school baseball :(.

bullet2.gif

AKA Ruffrider
"My House!"
In the words of Boom... "Boom!"

LordKhaine "Wonders why all the PuF women seem to hate him, even though hes never insulted any of them:("
Ruffrider "They are afraid of your big penis LK"
LordKhaine "ROFLMAO!"

Currently Available for recruiting.