UE3 - General UDK Isometric Camera

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

larafan25

Oct 11, 2008
Mother of God!:eek:

Hi!:)

So I have been messing around with the UDK for about a year or so now...maybe not that long...anyhow I figured it was about time to learn something new. Tutorials never failed me, however recently they fail to be...well present.

I've searched and searched and have found no good tutorials...

I have not touched the UDK script therefor I am simply guessing it is a text document that I edit and then run to make changes that are relating to the code of the game.

Anywho I'd like to create an Isometric camera, I've seen videos and examples and I am pretty lost, I've viewed source codes to create this camera effect but have no idea how to implement them into the script or engine.

If someone has the time to stop in here and point me to a great tutorial or can give some advice I would love you forever...:D

BTW I actually want to learn to do this and do it...I am not some crazy newbie that is getting in over his head...I'm ready:wavey:

Also if you help me now, down the road you will get to play an awesome Isometric game.:D

larafan25

Oct 11, 2008
I figured I'd help us all out and add some info to this desperate plea for help....

I went here, which is probably the first place anyone should go, I was on this page and found the Isometric camera info and it was like a message from God. However I don't know what the writing is in the blue sections nor do I know what to do with it or if it even has to do with achieving this camera function.

Edit: Ahhhh crap, it's late, I took some sleepy pills, I accidentally double posted, I'll edit next time, forgive me.:)

Update:

I have managed to achieve my desired result by other means .....
cameratest2.jpg

cameratest1.jpg

:)

Last edited: