Trying to pick a new game. Proving difficult.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
I've got Mafia 1, didn't like it at all.

I'm really excited about BF3, but I'm not sure my system is beefy enough to handle it.

So far, my serious considerations after watching gameplay and reading reviews are Dragon Age: Origins, and The Witcher 2. A nice RPG wouldn't be bad.

Also, I guess I should note that I love turn-based RPGs and whatnot.

Mafia 2 I thought was a rather enjoyable game for what it did. Had more potential than what it delivered, but it was an entertaining game nonetheless.
The Witcher 2 seems nice so far, I've not really had a lot of time with it but it's nice, definitely a lot more playable than the first.
I'll also say I really enjoyed DA:O and several of its DLCs myself. I believe I spent about 60-70 hours on my playthrough, it's pretty meaty.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Okay, so I'm only like 8 hours or so into the Witcher 2, but I would say that you should definitely start with first Witcher. The sequel is good, and the combat system is finally not stupid (and is actually difficult, which is nice) and it sis BEAUTIFUL, but the game has been simplified a lot. The first game is tough to get into (seriously boring beginning) but seems to be a deeper, more interesting experience. So start with that, then enjoy the sequel for the prettier, not QUITE as deep game that it is. Going the other way would be frustrating, however, as the original does suffer from being ugly (ugh, the Aurora Engine...) and having some dated mechanics that allow for a level of complexity that is wonderful at the expense of smarter, more interesting gameplay.

Otherwise, DA:O is very well worth your time and energy and you can't go wrong there and the sequel, despite making some frustrating missteps, is still worth it as well.

I'm sort of in an RPG mood lately, so that it for advice for me.