Trash the Desert Eagle !?!?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[b][size=6]Should we keep the Desert Eagle?!?![/size][/b]

• [img]http://phatcat.animedominion.com/de-yes.jpg[/img]

Votes: 51 56.7%
  • [img]http://phatcat.animedominion.com/de-no.jpg[/img]

Votes: 39 43.3%

• Total voters

BrownyMan

Poet, Gentleman, Infiltrator?
Mar 21, 2000
USA, NH
Visit site
I suppose that makes taking out the VERY out of place AT4 "stupid"?

I'm fairly certain the reason they took the AT-4 Rocket Launcher out was for balance issues.

Again other than the "milspec" complaint, -- which is like saying something along the lines of: Hinduism can't attend a universal meeting of religeons -- there isn't any reason to take the Desert Eagle away from those people who like and use it. And again if you don't like it don't use it. The people who are so diposed to taking this sidearm out of Infiltration, border a fanatism which I just can't understand. Why do you HATE this pistol SO much?!?!?!

OhÉand I like the nickel plating of the Desert Eagle, makes it vary more in apperance with the Berreta M-9 and other black weapons.

Gholam

Sergeant (Reserve), IDF
Jun 19, 2001
Rehovot, Israel
Down with DE, up with Broomhandle if you want a big, high-powered pistol :)

On the subject of IDF issuing DE's to tank commanders, all soldiers of IDF Armored Corps are issued Glilon (known as Galil SAR to english-speakers) assault rifle. IDF uses SMGs and pistols in VERY limited numbers, preferring carbine versions of assault rifles such as M16 with telescopic stock and 14.5" barrel, and Galil SAR which has a folding stock when a compact weapon is required. In my 8 months in IDF I've seen maybe 2 or 3 people with an Uzi, and maybe a couple dozen with a SIG P228 pistol.

poaw

You used to sleep easy at night.
Mar 25, 2001
Camp Pendleton, California
Again other than the "milspec" complaint, -- which is like saying something along the lines of: Hinduism can't attend a universal meeting of religeons

Actually it's more akin to holding a Carpenter's Union meeting and not inviting a M.D. to speak.

Battosai

The Great Southern Thread Killer
Jun 6, 2001
Roaming
Just because the DE was very issued to israeli soldiers doen't mean that the research and testing wasn't done. The are alot of weapons that are tested and speced out. But never issued. The I.M.I has done plenty of reach&data on the DE for military use. Like other have said. They didn't go with the project.

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
Ive heard the story about Israli tank commanders testing it out across several online pages, but I havent been able to verify that with any reputable source.
(tring to track down the manufactures pages, I got kinda lost. saw something they called a jericho, lookes like a baby de. but the trail stopped there)

Testing qualifies as use in my book.
the teams already including other weapons that havent seen active service in combat.

Variety is also an important issue.
the DE provides something the other hand guns dont...
raw power.
and if were just including it for the fans sakes, then thats one more reason to upscale to the .50ae version and skin it black.

btw, an important feature of the de is it can hold a mounted scope/red dot site
any chance of getting one of those? ;)
cool-de.jpg

Battosai

Jun 6, 2001
Roaming
shakken are there any weapons you do like???? Just wondering, because all I have every heard you do is complain.

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
from what Ive read online, most DE owners have come to the same conclusion:

even though there are few pistols that rival it, the DE is NOT a good weapon for self defense.
its too large and too powerful.
if you used it on a human, you would put a hole through them and anything behind them. easily defeating level 3 body armor.

IMI was wrong to think a pistol would be good for a TC in the first place. their mistake is our gain ;)

The de is designed to blow holes in things where other handguns fail. it accels at that mission.

Battosai

Jun 6, 2001
Roaming
So if it was up to shakken there would only be two styles and 4 total guns??????????

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Well... there'd be the FAMAS G1, FAMAS G2, MP5A5, MP5SD5, MP5K, MP5K-PDW, MP5SD7 (or whatever the one with the buttcap is called), MP5N and associated attachments (if they didn't include the fixed butt versions).

That'd be me happy, anyway.:D

(The Jericho was marketed as a "mini eagle" or "baby eagle" or something like that in the US.)

Ranger .223

Leadin the way
Jun 15, 2001
Looserville Ky
Visit site
i was under the impression that it was used to hunt large game. hey i still say leave it but give it a black color and a small scope. i joke with my fellow INF'ers that it's what you need when you drop ur rifle and cant find it cause it has equal power in the size of a pistol.....a really really big pistol lol:lol:

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
does that too.
But I believe the DE was made solely for movies and hunting,
about as much as I believe the uzi was designed to kill people by
being thrown ;)

its almost like the g-11 in a way. a gun that was intended to be a next generation military weapon, but just dident catch on.

I guess they figured a tc would use it almost like an anti armor weapon, or to blow holes in drugged up self-combusting fanatics or something.
(I saw the "fruit salad" video from the magnum page... I feel sorry for the bear that charges a hunter with one, roflol)

far as that weapons list... how many types of mp5 does one need? lol

poaw

You used to sleep easy at night.
Mar 25, 2001
Camp Pendleton, California
So if it was up to shakken there would only be two styles and 4 total guns??????????

Naw, we'd only have milspec weapons if he had his way.

its too large and too powerful.
if you used it on a human, you would put a hole through them and anything behind them. easily defeating level 3 body armor.

All I can say to that is:
BULLSHIT.
Unless you can prove to me that a round the DE is chambered for has more penetrating power than a 7.62 x 51mm NATO round I won't believe it.
For sources you can check:
http://www.pointblankarmor.com/nij_ratings.html
http://www.bulletproofme.com/NIJ_Test_Rounds_CHART.shtml
http://www.secondchance.com/information/stoppingpower.htm

All of them list Level III Armor as being able to stop 7.62mm NATO. Second Chance list Level IIIA as being able to stop .50 325gr Action Express at 1450 ft per second (442 meters per second).
In order for a round to penetrate Level III armor, it would have to have penetrating power comparable to a .30-06. Which I find extremely ****ing(tm) doubtful.

But I believe the DE was made solely for movies and hunting,
about as much as I believe the uzi was designed to kill people by
being thrown

I believe the DE is only useful as a sport weapon, as much as I believe you have the gun knowledge of a 12 year old CS player.
Oh wait, it is only useful as a sport weapon, and you do only have the gun knowledge of a 12 year old CS player.

Last edited:

BrownyMan

Mar 21, 2000
USA, NH
Visit site
WellÉ

GODÉyou people need to calm down a bitÉboth groups of individuals. As we can see by the pole, the Desert Eagle, if it were to be judged in a democratic fashion, is going to stay in Infiltration. Stop wasn't your time bickering. When the final results are in, move on, and if current trends thus far are too continue, accept the fact that the Desert Eagle is going to stay in Infiltration.

And again, if the people who so FANATICALLY hate the Desert Eagle, haven't realized it yet. "IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE DESERT EAGLE, DON'TÉUSEÉIT!!!" It's as simple as that. It does you no harm sitting in the unpurchase side of your Loadout Menu.

BrownyMan

Mar 21, 2000
USA, NH
Visit site
WellÉ

oh and on a lighter note, Razz, a scope for a Desert Eagle was suggested, and even though I personally love the idea, the idea didn't take.

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
dug back into my links. I had better ones, but I dident bookmark em cause I dident plan to meet an ******* tonight.

http://www.zvis.com/dephist.shtml#DEPFACTS

I chose this page because it seems pretty accurate.
next to detailed photos of the weapons, statistics about ammo loads, and lots of references to the authors personal use of the weapon, theres some accurate sounding bits of history you might be interested in.

First Introduced on the market in 1983. Originally an American idea first was produced in Israel by IMI (that stands for Israeli Military Industry). US exporter and later manufacturer - Magnum Research Inc. (Mark XIX models of desert eagle).

Gholam is right in one part.

the oridginal design was meant for hunting, but magnum was unable to complete it in house so they sought the help of IMI to finish making the mechanics.
IMI basically built the thing, then seems to have taken liberties in makeing their own version for military use, the Jericho.
(Technically, the DE design and mechnaics are property of Magnum research. hence why its not mentioned on the imi homepage.)

same page...
Stopping Power - Well, .357 magnum is one of the best man stoppers in the world, despite of this other factors are still in power, sure .357 has much less of the flash than .44 and above, yet it has plenty of it, believe me :) The recoil felt with .357 DE is very low, lower than in many conventional handguns with smaller calibers, but still, reliability & the weight are very important. In regards of big calibers, I'll have to repeat myself here again :) There's lots of info on the net why extremally powerfull rounds should be avoided for self & home defence. .50 AE is enough to go through class III bulletproof west. Now, unless you are sure that you can't accept anything less, this is simply overkill. If the assailant is not wearing that west, your bullet will go through him & it will still have too much power to punch holes through few more walls, with the hope that no one will be in its way.

now to this childish rant of poaw's
I believe the DE is only useful as a sport weapon, as much as I believe you have the gun knowledge of a 12 year old CS player.
Oh wait, it is only useful as a sport weapon, and you do only have the gun knowledge of a 12 year old CS player.

...I believe your an insulting *******, who should know not to aggrivate people for your personal enjoyment.

your making a personal attack against me over weapons details?

do me a favor and practice when to shut that **** pouring oriface you claim is a mouth.

if you think the author/owner/researcher who wrote this page is wrong, feel free to e-mail him and share in your glorious weapons knowledge.
zvi@zvis.com
Im sure hes just waiting to be corrected by you.

goddamn punk.