Trainee Clans & Servers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

barkjuice

Jan 15, 2004
Are there any clans that accept trainees to teach them the ropes? Same with servers. Possibly servers that are more geared towards training rather than actual game play? I know veterans get bored playing with trainees, but maybe there are a select few out there who like to teach and then see their work pay off in a new teammate or competitor who makes their "regular" game time more interesting?

Just curious is all....

Cleeus[JgKdo]

because respawns suck
Jun 8, 2002
Germany
www.cleeus.de
AFAIK there is nothing like that and i guess there never will be.
And i think you will only get training sessions if you want to join that clan (atleast i wouldn't teach a future enemy;)).

5eleven

I don't give a f**k, call the Chaplain
Mar 23, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
Well, I have been playing Inf for over a year now, and I still suck, but you are more than welcome to hop on a server anytime, and I think damn near anyone will give you a hand.

I might recommend GD's server........but that's just me. Mostly friendlies frequent that. Not that the others aren't friendlies, I just know most of the regulars on the GD server and they're all pretty good guys. Ask, ask, ask.

After a bit and we see how things are going with the servers, +BB+ may be putting up another server in the near future. Stay tuned, and good luck. :D

Taque

Custom User Title
Dec 3, 2002
PARIS
www.mpclan.com
Nothing beats experience on the "field" ... the field here being a public server. If you hop on most servers, the players there are usually quite receptive to any questions you might have concerning the actual gameplay. As for basic shooting and reflex skills, the shooting range is often good enough.

IMHO, I think that the MUF server (as well as many servers formerly known as vanilla servers) contains many players who have quite astounding shooting abilities and laser fast reflexes. If you're looking for players who can take the objectives without firing a shot, try the GD or AFA servers.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Just hop on a pub and explain that you are new.

Press F5 when you die and you can watch live players on your team which should help you pick up the maps quicker.

Generally speaking you should get a positive response to any question you ask, as long as you don't spam it.

Do us all a favour and read the manual first, though ;)

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Welcome to Infiltration! I hope your stay is a long one. Feel free to drop by the {GD} server whenever you like. We are open in the evenings and all during the weekend. We would be more than happy to answer any of your questions and show you how to work as a team player. Hope to see you soon in the game! :)

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Practice on the shootingrange a little with each weapon and item, get to know how to use them and the strengths and weaknesses of them. Just 20 minutes or so of practice will greatly help.

I'm sure some clans would be willing to accept you, as long as you can give a good impression that you will be dedicated.

barkjuice

Jan 15, 2004
I have played INF for a while... just not on servers because of the stuff I mentioned earlier. I started playing, oh I dont know, like in late 2001... I still suck is the only thing.. LOL! :)

If the folks on the servers would act as cool as I have seen here so far, I may tread the waters again and try them out... thanks :)

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
There is another thread around here, I think its concerning respawns where they are planing to make a new player friendly server.

Anyways there are many who will be glad to help out. You just have to remember a few thinks. If you ask a question and no one replies right away chances are they are a tad busy and not ignoring you.

Some questions can't be answered easily in the little message box so you may be asked to check the forum or another source.

Know the basic bind command set input <key> <command>. Many questions are binds for mutators so try to know the command so you only have to worry about the mutator command.

Watch other players. Don't watch me though unless you want to learn to really suck.

The most important rule is have fun.

barkjuice

Jan 15, 2004
(SDS)benmcl said:
Anyways there are many who will be glad to help out. You just have to remember a few thinks. If you ask a question and no one replies right away chances are they are a tad busy and not ignoring you.
My concern was not being iognored but being bad mouthed and ridiculed.

Know the basic bind command set input <key> <command>. Many questions are binds for mutators so try to know the command so you only have to worry about the mutator command.
Can you explain this in a little more detail??

The most important rule is have fun.
This I agree with whole-heartedly!!! :2thumb:

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
For example you when playing on AFA or GD you will be getting contact reports from your team mates with a compass direction and you want to know how they do that.

Instead of explaining "Type: set input <key> mutate reportcontact" all I have to say is "bind mutate reportcontact". The "set input <key>" is the same. Sometimes we have to explain that <key> means type the letter you want to bind.

There are other ways to bind of course but in the middle of a round this is the fastest. I also suggest you keep a backup of your binds because you may just clobber something and it would be easier to clean up the mess.

If you want to know more about RD http://home.tiscali.no/kayove/ut/rd.html

Edit: Ignor them if you are bad mouthed. If you really have problems with some players drop a PM or e-mail to the admin. They really don't like that kind of bull**** on their servers. Take screen shots of the messages. I honestly don't think you will have much of a problem. Before too long you will find a group of players you like and be spending more time with them.

Last edited: