Tired of random aim popups and flash ads playing?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
The only problem is that it says it only works with version "5.5.3595"

a quick check of my aim says i'm using 5.9.3702 - so does is still work with newer versions, or do i have to try and unearth an old version floating around the web?

--

There used to be a program out called "dead aim" that was essentially a "lite" version of aim that was free ware but it's since gone to "pay ware" which is blah.

Lt.

Elitist bastard
Aug 11, 2004
in urban Michigan(mostly)
TheWhaleShark said:
Gaim + encryption plugin > you.

when i felt like making the switch from DeadAIM + IRC to either Trillian or Gaim the plan was to download both of them off Sourceforge and pit 'em head-to-head in a week long, open-source chat-extravaganza.
but only one of them was *on* Sourceforge... way to ruin my fun, Trillian. :rolleyes:

but anyway. Question. WS, which of the 2-3 encryption pluggins do you use?
i currently cant be bothered to use any, but if there is a quick/easy encryption id probably give it a spin.

OTR, or one of the other ones?

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
been using "gaim" for windows for the last few days.

so far i'd say i like the fact that it's sans-advertising.
but i also find it to be somewhat unstable.
the encrypiton stuff sounds neat but i'd assume that both parties would need to be using it for it work... so... again i don't know how practical it would be espically for chating with people who are most likely using tradition aim clients.

Overall i'd say that for my uses ( replacment for AIM's annoying add clutter'd enviroment). that its simply adaquit. It does the job, but i'm not at a cost of precieved reliablity. now if it only worked with skype, or some other audio/video confrencing protocal....

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
You realy ought to try that new invention called hammer. Everytime one of those stupid mice pops up you grab the hammer and whack it real good and lo and behold the popup is killed and won't come back, ever.

TheWhaleShark

This world is spinning around me
Dec 14, 2001
A little to the left.
www.rit.edu
Lt. said:
when i felt like making the switch from DeadAIM + IRC to either Trillian or Gaim the plan was to download both of them off Sourceforge and pit 'em head-to-head in a week long, open-source chat-extravaganza.
but only one of them was *on* Sourceforge... way to ruin my fun, Trillian. :rolleyes:

but anyway. Question. WS, which of the 2-3 encryption pluggins do you use?
i currently cant be bothered to use any, but if there is a quick/easy encryption id probably give it a spin.

OTR, or one of the other ones?

http://gaim-encryption.sourceforge.net/

You should've seen that one coming. :p