Tim Sweeney on new tech.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
Slartoff said:
No no no... that GDC movie, while spiffy-looking, is not the one they mentioned in the article. The NV30 launch video showed a marine walking through a torch-lit cavern. The clip from the Unreal engine in the NV30 launch vid showed much better graphics than the GDC vid. I'll see if I can find a link to the NV30 launch video.

Cool, sorry about that then. Hope you find it:).

Slartoff

Death delights me. Slartoff!
Nov 1, 2003
NH
Well...
This Link is a link to the presentation that had the footage I was thinking of... but the video is not there any more :(
I'll keep looking.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Ulthar said:
does anybody have this movie from nv30 launch ?
lol, is that why you registered here? To ask that? :p ;)

Thanks for giving the link to the vid raffi, I remember seeing the ruins of that city, but definitely not the rest of that video. :D

grimstar

May 27, 2001
Australia
Mr.Magnetichead said:
Hey Grim, it's Grim. :wavey:
/Hug
caco.gif

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
Toolvana said:
I guess this means we can expect Unreal Warfare sometime in 2006? Or maybe 2005 considering that interview might have been done at the end of 2003...
Thrawn70 said:
No no no, Toolvana, two weeks ;)

That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. :)

Last edited:

FaT CaM

Not much...
Apr 5, 2002
¯\(˚_o)/¯ I DUNNO?
Prophetus said:
Going to be very nice, indeed. Maybe see realistic damage on objects, instead of decals. Real bullet holes, dents and stuff. Ouch...that's going to kill the frame rates.

As for the movie, wasn't it the one where the marines (from the UW pics) storm a bridge? In that scene, they come out of some hall way, onto a platform and start firing at the enemy across a short bridge. Then they shoot a swaying metal object located above the bridge, which falls down and destroys the bridge. I think it was that video.

red faction style geometry destruction did little to frame rates, ambey they could do something lieke that? but no so crappy and extreme.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
The GDC movie is nothing compared to the demo shown in the NV30 launch, and I'm sure what we saw in that movie is nothing compared to what we will see when the necris unreal title comes out.

Remember that tim stated they're already where they want to be as far as number of polys for the world. The major things that will change will be the advanced lighting and surfaces together with higher detailed characters. The GDC movie doesn't really highlight these features but the nv30 one does. Not to mention the nv30 scene while only showing a small room, is 100 times more detailed than the gdc scenes.

Last edited:

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I'm trying to find it but I'm really not to sure on where to even start. A google search isn't turning up anything. To make it worse we had the forum crash :\

For those who haven't seen it the scene is basically this. An extreemly high detailed model walking in a small rock walled room with a torch. You can see the light change as he walks around the room and even change on the character as he moves his arm. Also note that this was only a very very small section of the video which highlighted several games using geforce FX and dx9 technology.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
a movie that would be cool to find is the video of Bill Gates running around in a doom level and blowing an Imp's head off with a shotgun. Now THAT would be a rare find!

TyeFang

Ambassador
mrcamper99 said:
Great I had been looking for that clip!!!
Edit:Hmmmm, that's not the castle and knight clip I was looking for but another totally different clip I had never seen before...kewl!

Secondly, ACK!!! Two years!!!! ACK!!!!

The castle and knight clip was from an hour and a half comdex video stream Nvidia had it up on their site as a webstream of the FX launch. The clip of epic's was extracted from it.

It used to be hosted on BarrysWorld but has since been removed as the site no longer exists.

- Tye