Things that piss me off, by Gundy

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
I hate preggers women who complain about how their unborn children could "take damage" from the noise of local roadwork.. Yet have a f%¤king cig in their mouths on the very newspapers covering the bits.

In general, people who smoke when they have (or are going to have) children should be hung by the neck.

Last edited:

AsToRoTh

Jan 20, 2008
What your forgetting ofcourse, when you say it's a personal preference thing, is that it's not. Your personal preference is that you like smoking but everyone nearby has to put up with YOUR personal preference filling their noses/lungs and making their clothes smell, your preference directly effects their preference you see.

So yeah, at the end of the day it's hardly suprising if some peoples personal preference turns out to be disliking folks who have the opposite personal preference.

People who don't like smoking hardly effect you but people who do like smoking DO effect people who don't. You'll simply have to get over the fact that sometimes people will complain... or you could quit. ;)

Well for me personally I have very little affect on those who dont like smoking other than maybe the odour on my clothes after Ive had a cigarette. Reason being Ive hardly ever smoked in public places before the smoking ban in the UK and when I "pop out for a cig" I dont stand in doorways as this also annoys me (even as a smoker). As for people who dont like 2nd hand smoke not affecting me.. they have to an extent because now, even tho 99% of my workmates also smoke, I have to stand outside in the rain and cold to feed my habit.

As for the quitting part.. it is on my "to do" list due to the fact I suffered a massive blood clot (DVT) last year for which I am still under treatment.Which leads me back to my bitter comment about banning alcohol because I cant drink atm due to the tablets Im on (Warfarin in high doses)

Jordan L

Jan 20, 2008
Friend of mine was able to fend off smoking by casually chewing tobacco, not as healthy as the patch or gum, but heck, it's a start. Seems that treatment centers actually recommend chewing tobacco for a good way to get started on quitting.

AsToRoTh

Jan 20, 2008
Or people could just realize early on that smoking will kill them and through utilization of a simple cost/benefit analysis may refrain from ever doing so.

Nah I gotta admit the cost/benefit analysis didnt enter into my head when I started smoking cos I thought it looked cool... but that was a long time ago. I completely agree smoking is bad for you and those around you (hence why I dont smoke in the house etc) however what I disagree with is the government once again trying to tell me what I can and cant do with my body... same goes with junk food.. who are they to say I cant have a supersized MSG loaded McD's. (yeah thats right.. here in the UK most of the fast food joints bowed to goverment pressure and stopped server supersize meals.)

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Then what was the point of your previous post?

He's going for one of the BuF Achievements;
gay.png

Vers Vlees

Oohhh a custom title
Nov 30, 2002
The Netherlands
www.versvlees.owns.it
I completely agree smoking is bad for you and those around you (hence why I dont smoke in the house etc) however what I disagree with is the government once again trying to tell me what I can and cant do with my body... same goes with junk food.. who are they to say I cant have a supersized MSG loaded McD's. (yeah thats right.. here in the UK most of the fast food joints bowed to goverment pressure and stopped server supersize meals.)

w0rd I'm getting more pissed of with the whole nanny state crap. I dont like all this banning/taxing thing just because some moralistic incompetent politicians decide these things are bad for us.

btw speaking of cost/benefits. If the governement gets more tax revenue from cigarette sales then it is spending it on the treatment of various cancers. Well I'm sure you people can do the math:p (I'm pretty sure the British governement taxes cigarettes h4rdcore) The tax revenue they get from smokers is probally on of the reasons they wont ban cigarettes completely.
The EU is even worse. They spend millions on farming grants for tobacco farmers(yes we do have them in EU nation) while on the other they also spend a lot of money on antismoking campaigns. I mean they could atleast be a bit consistent.

AsToRoTh

Jan 20, 2008
LMAO nail on head there its also one of the main reasons they wont legalize cannabis in any form over here.. due to the black market it would be too hard to control the importation therefore harder to tax. Alcohol and Tobacco on the other hand are major money makers. It also explains why there are craploads of speedcameras but not many traffic police on the roads... cheaper to charge you for speeding than have a cop give you a ticket and a lecture... the cameras also do their job more competently.. but lets not get me started on the police or Id have to make my own "things that piss me off" thread heh.

Just thought of another... American English spell checkers that think I cant spell Colour and Honour

Last edited: