The Zodiac

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BrownyMan

Poet, Gentleman, Infiltrator?
Mar 21, 2000
USA, NH
Visit site
In 1966 a young woman named Cheri Jo Bates was found dead in Riverside, California, her throat cut and stabed in the back. The police only found a man's wrist watch stopped a 10:23 PM. 2 days later her father, the police and several others all receaved this note:
batesdie3.jpg

Three years later in 1969, two teenagers: David Fareday and Betty Lou Jensen
faradaypic.GIF
jensenpic.GIF

were killed, shot to death by a 9mm pistol, when they went on their first date, two minutes later the police receaved a call, saying "I want to report a murder, no a double murder, there bodys can be found by Lake Herman Road...I'm the one who did it" and with that he hung up

After 6 months on the fourth of July another couple Darlene Faren and Mike Megaeu
ferrinpic.GIF
mageaupic.GIF

were attacked and Darlene Faren was killed, Mike Megaeu lived, the next day three local newspapers all recieved a note and a third of a cipher of peice of code:
73169chroniclepage1.jpg

73169chroniclepage2.jpg

The code:

timesheraldcipher.jpg

chroniclecipher.jpg

examinercipher.jpg

Basically what the code said was, "I like killing people because it is so much fun, it's more fun than killing wild game in the forest because humans are the most dangerous animals of all. And I will not tell you my name because you will try to slow down or stop my collecting of slaves for afterlife.

This was only the beginning...

Last edited:

BrownyMan

Mar 21, 2000
USA, NH
Visit site
And so it continued.

As freaky as all this sounds it is in fact true, considered by every law enforcemnet agency to be the scariest, freakiest, and down right amazing case in all of history.

On monday september 27, 1969, Cecelia Sheperd and Brian Hartnell:
shepard_ap_photo.jpg
hartnell_ap_photo.jpg

were relaxing on a blanket at a very remote location by lake Beriessa. Shepard noticed a man approaching them wearing an unusual costume:
sflbcomposite.jpg

He held a gun. He appeared to be more than 6'0" tall with a heavy build. The man claimed he was a prison escapee from Colorado, and needed money and a car to flee to Mexico. Hartnell offered his wallet and car keys, which weren't taken. After several minutes of conversation, the man tied the couple with plastic clothesline and and said as his voice became very deep, "I'm going to have to kill you people," he then began stabbing them. Hartnell was attacked first, then Shepard. After the assault, the man then walked casually away from the scene. After several minutes, a nearby fisherman heard the couple screaming and alerted park rangers. It took nearly an hour for an ambulance to arrive, at which time both victims were in critical condition. Just over an hour after the attack, the Napa Police Department received a call from a man claiming responsibility for the stabbing. Brian Survived, Cecelia died after twelve hours. This message was found on their car door:
berryessacardoor.JPG

The police found a foot print the only evidence besides the bindings left at the crime scene they were 10 and a half wing walker shoes:
wwdoj.jpg

The print indicated a man over 200 pounds.

Then after 3 month a cab driver was found dead, shot in the temple, Cab driver Paul Stine, age twenty-nine
stine_ap_photo.jpg

was shot once in the head at point-blank range. The weapon was a 9mm semi-automatic pistol. There were three witnesses from a house on the southeast corner of the intersection. Bloody fingerprints, potentially of the suspect, were recovered from the vehicle. Stine's cab was hailed at Mason and Geary Streets, with the intended destination being Washington and Maple Streets near the Presidio. For reasons unknown, the cab ended up at Washington and Cherry Streets, a block away from the original destination. Stine's wallet and keys were taken and a large portion of his shirt was carefully torn off. The three witnesses watched the suspect from approximately 60 feet away as he wiped down the cab with a cloth. They called the police and described a white male, 25 to 30 years old, 5'8" to 5'9", stocky build, reddish-brown hair worn in a crew cut, heavy-rimmed glasses and dark clothing. They last saw him casually walking north on Cherry Street. Unfortunately, the police dispatcher mistakingly described the suspect as being a black male adult. As a result, when patrol officers Donald Foukes and Eric Zelms minutes later observed a white man walking east on Jackson Street, he was never stopped and questioned. The officers did get a good look at him, however. When the correct description of the suspect was finally broadcast, the officers realized they might have encountered him. The witnesses were able to give a describition and an artists remdition of him was put out:
composite1.gif

as usual two days later a letter was recieved by the S.F Chronicle, enclosed with it was the blood stained piece of Paul Stines shirt:
stineletter.jpg

All the letter so far had been signed by a crossed circle.

And it didn't stop there.

Pretorious

IH8GOP
Jan 2, 2001
Man, that is some freaky crap. I think Im gonna keep the .45 close to me for a few nights. Very interesting indeed, would like to know more, keep the posting coming.

poaw

You used to sleep easy at night.
Mar 25, 2001
Camp Pendleton, California
You guys have no idea how far this goes.....

Even though I have heard this before, Brown Cow's way of telling it makes it even more freaky.

Pretorious

IH8GOP
Jan 2, 2001
I found out very few things about him. All I know is that they caught him and I believe his name was Richard Ramirez or something like that. Browny fill in the holes.

BrownyMan

Mar 21, 2000
USA, NH
Visit site
and so...

eventually, more letters and even post cards came pouring in:

340card.jpg

340cardback.jpg

340cipher.jpg

This cipher has never been solved.

halloweencard.gif

halloweencardback.jpg

As if these weren't odd enough, a poem written by the Zodiac was found at Riverside Library, inside in the childrens books section for everyone to read:
zpoem.jpg

Indeed the Zodiac was using the media to get to both the police and the public. Some people were apporoaching hysteria, from the sheer terror of all the murders and letters going on, surpisingly, no murders were comitted during this time, which were at any rate attributed to the Zodiac.

Jarvis Hamilton

The Desert Eagle King
Feb 10, 2000
Directly behind you.
I know about the Zodiac.
He is (was?) a psychotic supergenious son of a bitch who deserves a shotgun to the face. He enjoyed killing.
I think he is way to smart to have left those clues like military boot prints and such. I think that's planted. This man is one of the smartest people in the world, and it's going to take someone smarter than him to catch him. He included the word radian in one of his letters. That word is not in the active vocabulary of 99.9% of Americans. Also, recently, a scientist looked at the note that included the radian and found that if you put a radian on mt.Diablo, you would find that each killing was on the radian line. That's why he went after the cab driver.
By the way, the Zodiac got no.1 on the top ten unsolved murders.
Here is what I want to do to the Zodiac.
:instagib:

BrownyMan

Mar 21, 2000
USA, NH
Visit site
it continued

in 1971 the local newstand recieved this 6 page letter:
bombletter1.jpg

bombletter2.jpg

bombletter3.jpg

bombletter4.jpg

bombletter5.jpg

bombletter6.jpg

This was the largest letter The Zodiac had ever mailed to police. The layout was simple, he said he had commited 7 murders and had made a bomb to take out all the "kiddies" on a bus as he had promised. And he said he was going to change his method of killing he wasn't going to tell them he'd done it instead he was going to make them look like accidents, this coupled with the bomb horrified police. He also left his standard crossed circle but there were wierd x's on it, this would not be understood until 30 years later.

Further he sent another post card:

assisadragoncard.jpg

dragoncardback.jpg

Zodiac buttons now that would be a switch