The Youtube Video Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
A friend of mine is almost done working on his first project here in Tokyo for a major studio called 『言の葉の庭』 予告篇. (The Garden of Words) He did a lot of the backgrounds. As you can see it's pretty detailed. He said normally he can do three backgrounds in a day, but for this project it took one day for one background. Pretty cool stuff.

[]http://youtu.be/udDIkl6z8X0[/m]

You have a friend that is working on a Makoto Shinkai movie? I dun believe.

What percentage or how many is "a lot of the backgrounds" and has he worked on other Makoto Shinkai movies? (you said first project, but why would they suddenly get another guy to work on the backgrounds, especially as a first project and his movies have such a distinct art style and look)

9HDgSbA.jpg

Last edited:

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
You have a friend that is working on a Makoto Shinkai movie? I dun believe.

What percentage or how many is "a lot of the backgrounds" and has he worked on other Makoto Shinkai movies? (you said first project, but why would they suddenly get another guy to work on the backgrounds, especially as a first project and his movies have such a distinct art style and look)

9HDgSbA.jpg

I have no idea how many backgrounds he has done for them as I don't work with him and I've never asked. This is his first movie for them, but he has done a lot of work in Italy. This is his first studio project since coming to Japan. The reason they hired him is they needed another person to work on backgrounds to meet the deadline. He's been working there since last summer. He said he does about one background a day, so I think a lot of them are his. He also said he never wants to see another leaf. I'm guessing a lot of the outside Shinjuku Gyoen shots are his backgrounds. My friend is really good at this sort of stuff. I'm not sure why you would doubt this.:con: All I can say is look for his name in the the credits. It should be printed as 宇佐美レオナルド健. (Usami Leonardo Ken)

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
thanks for proving my point...

he didn't claim that the guy was a millionaire who beds super models during lavish cocaine parties.
he said he knows a guy working on a film. OH MAN HE'S TOTALLY LYING TO MAKE HIMSELF LOOK COOL :rolleyes:

it must be tiresome work. being a cynical fuck, I mean :p

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Oh so you believe everything you read on the internet? Cool, I'm a navy seal and was the top of my class with over 300 confirmed kills btw, so watch your mouth.

What's so hard to believe about it? He's a professional animator. He said normally if he does backgrounds he can do three in a day, but for this film he said it's one background in one day due to the increased detail. He worked for a professional studio in Italy and has done a lot of projects.

Keep in mind, he's not an anime masturbator, he actually went to uni for this stuff and knows how to do it properly. Also, already living in Tokyo and speaking Japanese opens up a lot opportunities if you have a portfolio since all the studios are here.

Like I said, when the movie comes out ready the credits and his name will be in there. Then you can apologize because you got upset because somebody actually followed through with their dream rather than masturbating about a fantasy, but never trying to do something they really want to do.

Here is his personal page, but it's a little out of date I guess.

Last edited:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
it must be tiresome work. being a cynical fuck, I mean :p

Nah inquiring about an artist isn't too bad, but it must be a helluva waste of time circle jerking, shit posting and trolling in political threads all the time on a near dead forum.

Also right back at ya, it's pretty ironic for you to say that considering you took what I said completely out of context and assumed it was negative.

What's so hard to believe about it?

Never actually disbelieved you. I just used a simple figure of speech to express my amazement, but since Jacks decided to be a troll, I figured I'd drag him along. Maybe you should apologize for being tricked into being a dick by a troll? Thanks for the info though. ;)

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Never actually disbelieved you.
typical behavior of the cynical fuck.
backs out of his commitment as soon as he realizes how ridiculous he looks. claims he was trolling us all along. throws the troll label back at those who called him out. and for the coup de grâce, he tries to remind us that this forum sucks and that we're just terrible posters.

:lol: priceless.

you know, for a place that's near-dead and full of shit posters, it apparently isn't dead or shitty enough to keep the likes of you from crawling back trying to save face.

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=YaG5SAw1n0c[/m]