The Lord of the Rings movie

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What did you think of the movie?

• It was great!

Votes: 23 76.7%
  • It was long... a two bathroom break movie

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I'm in England

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
I suppose if you are familiar with the book, you view the movie differently than someone like me who knows nothing about it. They could have cut an hour off the film and I wouldn’t have known it, but for people who know the book, they are probably watching the movie unfold as the book does and would notice stuff cut from the movie. The 3-hour movie. The long, long 3 hour movie. The 3-hour tour. Okay, I’ll shut up. I still enjoyed the thing, I just wished the ending was a little different.

Claw

Weird little hermit on dried frog pills
Nov 3, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by Stilgar

It would have to be of a very high quality to avoid tarnishing the movies image.... but then again look at Star wars :\

I used to like T-Fighter a lot. But of course I get yer point.
A classic adventure could be cool for a change. No turning the thing in an Action-RPG and slaughtering Sauron's minions en masse plz.
A LOTR-Strategy? Nah... I really doubt that would rule.

What kind of LOTR game would you like to see?

BangOut

...smells like groin.
Nov 4, 2001
Right behind you...
Originally posted by QUALTHWAR
I still enjoyed the thing, I just wished the ending was a little different.

Yeah, with all that sexual tension building up I was waiting for that passionate first kiss between Sam and Frodo

Claw

Nov 3, 2001
Visit site
I suppose if you are familiar with the book, you view the movie differently than someone like me who knows nothing about it. They could have cut an hour off the film and I wouldn’t have known it, but for people who know the book, they are probably watching the movie unfold as the book does and would notice stuff cut from the movie. The 3-hour movie. The long, long 3 hour movie. The 3-hour tour. Okay, I’ll shut up. I still enjoyed the thing, I just wished the ending was a little different.

Well... maybe Tolkien should've written a short story rather? :lol:

Stilgar

Ninja
Dec 20, 1999
Toitle
Visit site
Originally posted by Claw

I used to like T-Fighter a lot. But of course I get yer point.
A classic adventure could be cool for a change. No turning the thing in an Action-RPG and slaughtering Sauron's minions en masse plz.
A LOTR-Strategy? Nah... I really doubt that would rule.

What kind of LOTR game would you like to see?

Well that's hard one, of course I'd like to see a beautifully rendered rpg style adventure, but that's been done.... point and click adventure maybe, with fmv cut scenes a ?
RTS ? meh, seems like they would be better off working from the source of ideas encapsulated in the whole mddle earth concept, instead of the movie....

Eyuva 'S' NRG

dont mess with the toilet monster
Apr 27, 2000
Toilet
Visit site
I suppose if you are familiar with the book, you view the movie differently than someone like me who knows nothing about it. They could have cut an hour off the film and I wouldn’t have known it, but for people who know the book, they are probably watching the movie unfold as the book does and would notice stuff cut from the movie. The 3-hour movie. The long, long 3 hour movie. The 3-hour tour. Okay, I’ll shut up. I still enjoyed the thing, I just wished the ending was a little different. [/QUOTE

I disagree. I haven't read the book and still think they spent every minute of that movie wisely, from a story building point of view. That and I rarely watch fantasy movies. I didn't get bored at all, aside from having to pee, which I held, cause there was constantly too much going on to miss.

Eyuva 'S' NRG

Apr 27, 2000
Toilet
Visit site
I still enjoyed the thing, I just wished the ending was a little different.

It doesn't have an ending until the third movie I hear. I also heard all three movies were filmed at the same time, so the other ones are already done and one will be released in each of the next two years. If anyone else can confirm that, I'm not sure if its true or not.

Claw

Nov 3, 2001
Visit site
It is true. Knowing the books, it's quite logical that there is no real ending yet.
Although I think half a year pause would have been enough. Cruel to let us wait a whole year.
That is two years until we reach the end, dammit!

Call me Erdrik

Arch Mage
Nov 24, 1999
Spring Hill, FL, USA
www.geocities.com
three words:
The. Movie. ROCKED!!!!!!!!!

I loved the attention to detail :D

and the Rock Troll battle was beutifull :D
Tho I would have thought Gandalf would have used magic on the Rock Troll...(haven't gotten that far in the book yet :p )

I liked how ... I forget his name :p the human Lord (Not Strider) took 3, 1 inch(well they looked that big anyway :p ) diameter arrows in the chest befor going down and even then still lived long enough to have last words with Strider :D now THAT is persistance!

BangOut

...smells like groin.
Nov 4, 2001
Right behind you...
My parents gave me one of those funny light-up LOtR goblets for Xmas :p And yet they wouldn't get me Max Payne

I could be married and have children but apparently blood is too much for me =|

Rukee: It's not a kids movie.

Eyuva 'S' NRG

Apr 27, 2000
Toilet
Visit site
To make a funny comparison I thought of last night. What if Xena/Hercules,etc, were only a half hour long instead of an hour.

Then they would have become like Cleopatra 2525. :D
Thank god they didn't shorten Lord of the Rings.

:p All you low attention span loosers :p

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
Originally posted by Claw
It is true. Knowing the books, it's quite logical that there is no real ending yet.
Although I think half a year pause would have been enough. Cruel to let us wait a whole year.
That is two years until we reach the end, dammit!
There’s no way I could remember what went on in this movie when the next one comes out. I’ve already forgotten everything that happened, because I’ve slept since then. :)

Bonedog

Adept
Nov 3, 2001
Cathouse
webpages.charter.net
Great movie - Stays pretty close with the book and plays out well. Caught myself knowing what was going to be said next in the movie cause I remember reading the book 15 years ago or so. I agree - Dont like to be left hanging at the end. Whoever said in here that the actors chosen WERE the characters was dead on.

Rabid Wolf

Piano Man Ghost
Oct 26, 2001
Vienna, Austria
I might get to see it in a few days.
so all I got to say about it is from the little I heard as of pimpage and hear-say of friends familiar with the book whose opinions I came to respect, and from having seen the trailer a few times.

let's start with the trailer:
first time I saw it was quite a few months ago sitting in a virtually empty cinema, waiting for the mummy 2 to begin. here's my thoughts: it was fµcking too loud. the mass-combat scenes of the mummy 2 kicked the weary british ass of the mass-combat scenes the LOTR trailer had to offer. when I caught the first glimpse of strider I almost burst out laughing. that dude is the worst-cast thing since logan in that horrible "hey-look-it's-captain-picard" x-men-waste-of-celuloid....
how can you cast regular sized peeps as dwarfs and hobbits!!!!???!?!
they cut hundreds of pages of "The Fellowship of the Ring" down to that length, yet kept Bilbo? WTF?!?! he was just doing the peeping-tom thing on the elf chix at elrond's house, and they let him in?!?!?
I already got tired of what's-his-name-again-that-dude-who-always-gets-cast-for-such-roles-as-wormtongue some five hundred flix ago...
IT'LL BE TEH TOTAL SUKC END PO0!!1111!!!!11!!

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Originally posted by Rukee
Isn`t it a little kids movie????
I meen they got the LOTR toys in the kids meals at BK for crying outloud!!!!

harry potter was the kids movie and harry potter sucked... oh yes yes yes!

I liked the movie much...

Alchemist64

Dec 28, 2001
NS, CANADA
Visit site
The Fellowship of the Ring was awesome. Delivery of along complex story in a three hour movie without any major missing parts, action, character development, cinematography, special effects (the Balrog was beyond description). On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd have to say 11. Peter Jackson deleiverd what this Tolkien fan didn't think could be done - I had extremely high hopes - they were surpassed. The ten people I saw the film with agree. I saw it for the second time today with another friend. Think it was better the second time - more time to enjoy the depth and the nuances of the film. I'd recommend seeing it! It equals or surpasses "Raiders of the Lost Ark", and I don't think I could give it a better compliment.