The Debate Spin

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
For all of you well into this, you should watch: Chris Rock - Kill the Messenger.
:)

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Honestly if you had spent that much time as a prisioner of war, you'd probably talk a lot about it to. That sort of thing changes your perspective on everything. I don't think McCain brings up again and again because he thinks it will make him win. I really think that's just how he thinks for better or for worse.

I felt that every confidence or "poise" that Obama showed during the debate was manufactured. Sure the eye contact and so forth is one thing, but look at how he behaved when he actually interacted with the candidate. He laughed or rolled his eyes at almost everything McCain said to him. Obama frequently tried to cut McCain off or shout him down. At one point in the debate Obama became so frustrated with McCain's insistence that he begged the moderator to move on.

When Obama did take shots at McCain he shot low. His decision to bring up the Spain gaff was particularly low. Obama knows full well that McCain is not going to refuse to speak to our allies. To sit on the stand and claim that is McCain's stance was simply dishonest. Everyone on the stage knew it. The moderator steered away from the comment as quickly as he could. Even the media is refusing to make any mention of Obama's comment.

Overall this gives a telling look into Obama's personality, and I found it to be worse than what GOP propoganda has been saying. Obama is flat out egotistical. He's an elitist that thinks he's smarter than everyone else. Even his campaign's reliance on his supposed charisma is a telling insight into the better than thou demeanor of Obama.

Look back to the blow up meeting earlier this week that McCain set up. Nobody wants to talk about the disaster of a meeting. Obama did most of the talking, no compromise was made, and the meeting was a disaster. McCain said it well when he said it's hard to reach across the aisle when you're so far left. Don't kid yourself into thinking that Obama is going to unite the country. He's going to do everything he can to steamroll his left agenda over the rest of us. You saw him say it himself at the debates that he's not willing to give up on any part of his plan.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
Honestly if you had spent that much time as a prisioner of war, you'd probably talk a lot about it to. That sort of thing changes your perspective on everything. I don't think McCain brings up again and again because he thinks it will make him win. I really think that's just how he thinks for better or for worse.

Well, I don't want this country to be run as if it's a POW.

He needs pills and therapy to deal with his trauma, not a country to throw around.

edit
(wait, this country is a POW :( )
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES IN MACOMB

Last edited:

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
I felt that every confidence or "poise" that Obama showed during the debate was manufactured. Sure the eye contact and so forth is one thing, but look at how he behaved when he actually interacted with the candidate. He laughed or rolled his eyes at almost everything McCain said to him. Obama frequently tried to cut McCain off or shout him down. At one point in the debate Obama became so frustrated with McCain's insistence that he begged the moderator to move on.

lol wut?

Obama hardly smiled at all (outside of the "jokes" at which both candidates laughted). McCain was the one who smiled half the time and never looked at Obama. And McCain pulled the "you do not understand" as a way to not make a full rebuttal. And for the most part, McCain many times interrupted Obama, not lettingg him finish his statement (where he cut him off talking about negotiations with Iran).

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
To say Obama hardly smiled at all almost makes me think you didn't even watch it. Almost every time that McCain made a comment about his opponents record, Obama was laughing, smiling, or appeared frustrated. He rolled his eyes almost every time McCain said something.

It's true that McCain didn't look at Obama, but I believe that was because he was too afraid to confront Obama directly. In fact most of the time while Obama was talking McCain was relatively neutral looking at the floor. The only time I saw any kind of real response from McCain was when he said horse**** when Obama brought up Spain.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
For all of you well into this, you should watch: Chris Rock - Kill the Messenger.
:)

Haha, yes!

I saw this the other night on HBO.

IF YOU WAS HANGIN' FROM A CLIFF ABOUT TO FALL TO YO DEATH, AND GEORGE BUSH WAS STANDIN' UP IN FRONT OF YOU WITH A WHOLE POCKETFUL OF F*CKS, AND ALL YOU NEEDED WAS A F*CK TO SAVE YO LIFE!?

YOU COULD BE LIKE, "GEORGE! HEY GEORGE, HELP A BROTHER OUT!"
HE'D LOOK RIGHT DOWN AT YOU AND SAY "SORRY BUT I DON'T GIVE A F*CK!"

lewl. to the max.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
III. As follows...

Nice finds, but I guess I place comments from staffers and associates on a bit lower of a tier than actual comments from the candidates themselves. I found their use of his former POW status as an instant redemption card to be a little irritating, but it isn't quite the same as what I've seen some of the people in this thread make claims on so far: that he (John McCain) uses his captivity as cover for other issues.

Still, I understand if people get tired of hearing that about unrelated issues (how irritating was John Kerry with his constant Vietnam Vet reminders?) but I haven't personally seen Sen. McCain himself doing it nearly as much as I hear people complaining about it.

Incidentally, I don't think that the Vice President and President necessarily need to see eye to eye on everything. In fact, I think more often as not they don't. Both VP candidates in this race, for instance, have espoused different opinions than their respective running mate.

Luv_Studd

Aug 17, 1999
VT
Visit site
To say Obama hardly smiled at all almost makes me think you didn't even watch it. Almost every time that McCain made a comment about his opponents record, Obama was laughing, smiling, or appeared frustrated. He rolled his eyes almost every time McCain said something.

You sir, need to take a few steps to the left once in a while. :rolleyes: My god, you could not have watched the same debate.

Luv_Studd

Aug 17, 1999
VT
Visit site
When Obama did take shots at McCain he shot low. His decision to bring up the Spain gaff was particularly low. Obama knows full well that McCain is not going to refuse to speak to our allies. To sit on the stand and claim that is McCain's stance was simply dishonest. Everyone on the stage knew it. The moderator steered away from the comment as quickly as he could. Even the media is refusing to make any mention of Obama's comment.

Refuse to speak? Like the US does to our so-called allies who decide to take a neutral stand and not follow goose step behind Bush's war mongers?

McCain wraps the flag and nationalism so tight around his ass, he looks like a Harlem Globetrotter from the mid-70's.

[/QUOTE]