The Complete To-Do List

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Just a list of things that would be great to see finished, some of these things might well bring back a few memories ;)

Unfinished Maps

JB-LostCanyon-v2
Couple of things that need to be fixed, not too much though I think

JB-Skaraphat
Cooldude started a new version of this map, as it had a few "issues" (was fine imo though) dunno what has happened to Cooldude though

JB-Deck17
This is Rob's version here, has a good escape route, but has a few things to be fixed, waiting on Cooldude

JB-CellblockA
Another map showing some promise, it would add to the diversity that jailbreak already has.

JB-Rimevalley
A good map, think this is one waiting for JB2004c for the vehicles to work correctly.

JB-Eightball
C'Mon Spoondog get this one finished!

JB-Hydro64
I think there are numerous people waiting for this to come into existance ;)

JB-Aswan-V2
Wormbo, any chance off this one getting finished, if not can someone else finish it off?

JB-Platinum
A great looking map, from an author that has disapeared, shame, if your interested perhaps try and get hold of him, I'd like to see it made atleast.....

JB-Correlation ?! (but shrunk a bit)
Would be nice to see this come of something, at the moment its is far too big to have a good exciting game of Jailbreak on.

Maps looking for someone to finish them / help to finish them

JB-TheDecks
Here is G.Lectors take on a Decks JB map, its 2xDeck17 put back to back, works really well, and has been put together well. As far as I can see its just a few tiny tweaks, such as some arrows to help you get around, also the execution needs finishing off.

JB-Solide
Kantham hasn't got the time to finish this one, so its up for the taking

JB-Agitation
Basis of a map here, ran out of ideas for it, but its got the basis for a map, any takers on finishing this one? -let me know
I also have a few other bits of map lying around if people are interested for pics or anything, unlikely I will get around to doing anything with them for a while

JB-Monody
Vatcilli would like some help with the terrain on this map

JB-Promotory
Needs jails & arena redoing & maybe rescaling

JB-WackyRaces
Rev needs a bit of a hand, as theres lots of modelling to be done and quite a bit of coding for the custom vehicles, time consuming stuff, but help would be great.

Coding (addons)

Switch Lockdown
The last switch that has been triggered will be locked until another has been triggered, Aim being it will bring in more tactics as to whether a release is worthwhile

Get Out Of Jail Free Card
Had great interest, just never had someone to code it.

Keeping Weapons from last round
Loosing all your wepoans sucks, espeically when You have spent ages loading them up, why not code this and increase the pace of the game?

Online Execution Bug
*think* this is in the "to be fixed in JB2004c" list, but not sure. Basicly some of the built in executions Don't show correctly online, ie no flames on the burn death.

Addon Spray Paint
think this is on the list of things for JB2004c, but can't remember

Custom Celebration Lines
Never got finished due to lack of coders.

Addon Idea Breakout
Both teams get released when the switch is hit, lots of tactics involved here.

Should Be Stickys

Loading Screen Help

Thats All I can think of at the moment, if anyone wants things updated just comment in the thread and I'll happily adjust bits and pieces :)

Last edited:

Aersik

Turbo charged pogo stick
Feb 9, 2005
Going back a bit here.

JB-LostCanyon-v2
One of my old favourites. Can't remember what was being done though, looks like a few visual tweaks from the thread.

JB-Skaraphat
A nice small spammy one :D. Only real problems were not enough blocking volume over the roof and some blindingly bright lights.

Probably a few more besides, but they're the ones I remember that I'd like to see finished that you havent mentioned.

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Don't forget the RadarMap addon! ;)
As it was pointed in another thread, I am not that sure if scaling Coralation down would help. Sure now it's way too big now and you rarely find someone to fight against, but, if it was smaller it would just be harder to drive, and it will have anyway 9 islands for 12-16 players... :hmm: I like the idea of the radar addon more than scaling the map down [didn't Tarquin say there was an addon like this in the works? ;)]. Showing the enemy players in the radar would help a lot, I think. The enemies could be shown by 4 different options [having all them in the addon would be awesome, but harder to do :rolleyes:]:
- Always show enemies in the radarmap... :tdown:
- Show enemies that have not fought anyone for x seconds.
- Show enemies that are at >x units away from any player of your team.
- The RadarMap would be splitted in zones (rectangles) and a number would indicate how many enemies are there at each zone... :tup:

---
I made some time ago another addon thread with a suggestion for something like a variation of the ReleaseSwitch flip thing (that one is not in the list, too!). It's not the greatest idea, but it could also be added here... :rolleyes:

---
And you have forgotten the new Crusher... :p And Fragtion! Still have to work on the floors, but I promise to release a beta next holiday, no matter what state the map is.
Wait! I've got a screen of the jail somewhere... :D
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/152/thefragtion12pm.jpg

Last edited:

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
Kantham said:
That's a killer thread. Makes me want to map for JB again.
Thats the idea.
And also with this, there is no need to spend hours and hours making a map from start to finish, as there are partially finished maps hanging around that need little work ranging to having to build another half of the map (Like with Agitation)

My Idea for Correlaton was more to limit the amount of land you can go on, fence it off for example. Ion cannon cvolumes perhaps, ie have a network of Ion cannon volumes around, and have the "safe" area that you can go in get larger with more players.
Then when there is 100 players it can be the full map (I think this map is bigger than most off of BF2 :p)

I havent added Crusher for the same reason as I havent added Egypt, as the threads are stil active. I just wanted to get an online beta for Egypt, but I may just release as is, and if there are any major problems with online play i can release a V2 / Gold version.

Lector, was there a thread for the Radarmap? I couldn't see one as I browsed back to 2003..... lol
Should be great to use on those bigger maps, and It would really limit the camping that often gets associated with JB - perhaps even some Infrared goggles, spot those campers in the Towers in Castlebreak!!:lol:

We need a thread for Fragtion!
Looking forward to seeing you do a map rather than picking apart others :) haha - ps I'll add on the Release limiting one to the list.

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
I have no intention to work on TheDecks right now. My plan is finishing Fragtion asap since I've got another JB layout ready to work then... :D I will make the thread for Fragtion when the beta is ready, making it now with a couple of screens would be pointless IMO... :p

If no one wants to take TheDecks before, I might give it a rush next summer...
Add it to list! :)

I just wanted to get an online beta for Egypt, but I may just release as is, and if there are any major problems with online play i can release a V2 / Gold version.
Yeah, why not another testing night? We have enough new betas to prepare a good one! [Egypt, Isolated, TheDecks, Crusher, RimeValley (has it ever been tested?)]

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
Testing night will be great, we can wait for you to release your beta of Fragtion,
I'll probs upload my prettier version of Egypt before then, which is finished, unless the online beta turns up any major problems.

I have another week of sixth form (after this one), then I can get my teeth into some of this stuff over halfterm with some luck, along with some other projects I have to work on.

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
I'm still around \o/!

To clarify the unreleased JB-RimeValley's situation, the map depends on two things:
  • Arena vehicle support: The arena is a big cube with 2 raptors at each end, and conveniently 2 spawn points :). Currently bots in the arena use Deathmatch AI (or something very similar), the point being that the bots don't consider vehicles. So, without the updated arena AI code the bots just jump about around the vehicle, and eventually into the water (which kills them).
  • JBExecutionFreeze: A brilliant new execution sequence where players are frozen in place, freeze over, and then shatter into lots of teeny pieces :). The first news post on this shows a picture of a frozen prisoner. From the months, maybe even year ago that this was made, as far as I remember it was fairly well tested. I don't remember anymore changes being needed; it was merely waiting for JB2004c ;).
I was unaware that some people wanted a smaller version of Coralation. For that map to work you just need to ensure that when you vote for it there is at least 16 players and they all have the map beforehand. Basically, bring your mates :).

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
Arena vehicle support: The arena is a big cube with 2 raptors at each end, and conveniently 2 spawn points . Currently bots in the arena use Deathmatch AI (or something very similar), the point being that the bots don't consider vehicles. So, without the updated arena AI code the bots just jump about around the vehicle, and eventually into the water (which kills them).
No promises I'll be working on it, but I should mention this is also the case for Eightball ("scorpions in the rafters" arena).

Some coder help on the "teleporter holes" might help inspire me to finish the map, too ;) But JB2004c comes first.

Hazel.H

Jan 15, 2004
I'd like to help with something, maybe when there's more time in the summer holidays. JB-Solide and JB-Platinum don't have download links. Kantham says he doesn't have a copy of JB-Solide, does anyone else? Someone will probably have to contact the author about JB-Platinum.

I'm experienced at coding in other languages, and have done a bit of UnrealScript when helping INI / modifying stuff (shhhh don't tell tarquin :p), so I could help look for bugs.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
if anyone wants to finish JB-spyglass i'll happily give it to them- as long as the layout or the concept remains you can do whatever the heck you want with it. :)

4WD

globle
Sep 6, 2004
belgium
G.Lecter said:
Don't forget the RadarMap addon! ;)
have a look at this one: team radar v4 (dl's down, you can get it here )

maybe a good idea to strip down the code from that mutator (ask the author) to fit your needs & recode it into an addon for jb will be easier than to start from scratch ;) good luck.