That seals it then...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mabz

Mar 31, 2005
The next series... UT2013????? I agree, they could have done better with the name, but remember that Epic wanted Unreal to be a sports game. So if they have their way, we will be seeing Ut2*** for some time to come.

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
Man 3 pages so far + how many other threads about the 2007 name.

Umm... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who the hell cares. You are all still going to buy it so stop bitching.

Am I also the ONLY one in existence that LIKED the whole televised bloodsport thing? (even though I myself HATE wrestling)

I've come to terms with the fact that this game started years ago and will evolve eventually into something very different which it is doing now.
I wonder if everyone on the Quake boards is having little panty-in-a-bunch-hissy-fits because they are naming the next game "Quake 4" OMG! How unoriginal of them!
:rolleyes:

SiN-BiN

Aug 21, 2004
Not using a a 200X system seem stupid imo, pick a naming scheme, stick with it.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
BooGiTyBoY said:

Well, I personally I'm not so sure I'd buy that game no matter what...
Not yet, because it's still quite a while before it'll get released.
Heck, I didn't even buy UT2004 and I've survived.

Demo first. If the demo convinces me, I'll buy the game. I don't fall for the hype trap anymore.

Kronon

Oldtimer
Apr 26, 2005
NeoNite said:
Btw, I think I remember you posting here... or was it on INA...
I'm not sure...
Yes, I am an oldtimer from INA, from the demo days in UT up until I was permanently banned for quoting someone who made a joke about sex toys or something :)

/Kronon

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
They could call it "Unreal Tournament: Double Trouble Crap on a Stick" and I'd still buy it. 'course, it'd be a little awkward asking for it in stores, but still.....

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Selerox said:
Gamers are't that stupid :)

lmao.gif

A lot of what I've seen the last few days sure as hell shows me otherwise.

BooGiTyBoY said:

Am I also the ONLY one in existence that LIKED the whole televised bloodsport thing? (even though I myself HATE wrestling)

I've come to terms with the fact that this game started years ago and will evolve eventually into something very different which it is doing now.
I wonder if everyone on the Quake boards is having little panty-in-a-bunch-hissy-fits because they are naming the next game "Quake 4" OMG! How unoriginal of them!

agreed...no matter what people say here, who wont buy the game cause of the name, how superficial would u be...

so when we all buy and play this rocking game, u will post on these forums "i was right, what a gay name, "

and we will all say "damn man u win" we play a great game (with possibly an not so impressive title) while u play nothing, who's worse off....
:lol:

to solve quake and ut's problems, just do the simple and lazy thing

quake tournament
unreal arena

*cough*

i dont care if they call it gay ass tournament 40,000 (though that would raise some questions, and when people ask what are u playing.....um..... :( )

i still buyz it

Last edited:

iron12

Mar 28, 2005
captainrad said:
who cares what its called... its gunna be great.. thats what matters
even though i find ut2007 more refreshing than envy... im just trying to force my opinion secretly ;)

Really.

Of all the things to worry about. :lol: