TF2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Would you guys be interested in getting together a group of players to do highlander? Highlander is 9v9, one of each class. It's tons of fun and the best way to play TF2. We'd just have to find a server to play on.

Sure thing dood. Can play any class well except spy and sniper, especially spy. Whateva you need.

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
What I really like about the Huntsman is you can move and shoot, and see everything around you. That really gives you an advantage. With the standard gun you cant see whats going on around you. Only what your pointing at.

Edit: I also got the back burner last night. Now I have all the unlockables for Pyro!

I switched to the normal rifle after playing around with the huntsman. Can't get my head around it.

I've got the flare gun and axe for the Pryo, looking forward to the back burner. I also picked up the Ambassador for the Spy last night but what I'm waiting for is the Cloak and Dagger watch which will make it so much better being able to hide easier.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Count me interested for highlander. I prefer pyro, demoman, scout, soldier, sniper, heavy, medic, engineer, spy (in that order).

I can't wait to get the damn huntsman! Hopefully soon :D I want to be an offensive sniper.

EDIT:

Saturday night was awesome! :lol: Combat engineer owns.

For those who weren't there, we (myself, Haarg, Zer0, Funkblast, Fullbleed, hyrulian) were on a 2fort server and a bunch of us turtled the flag room with engineers building turrets, etc. Then I ran around with my engineer killing people with my shotgun and pistol. It owned, though Fullbleed might disagree ;)

Last edited:

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
For those who weren't there, we (myself, Haarg, Zer0, Funkblast, Fullbleed, hyrulian) were on a 2fort server and a bunch of us turtled the flag room with engineers building turrets, etc. Then I ran around with my engineer killing people with my shotgun and pistol. It owned, though Fullbleed might disagree ;)

Haha, that was a fun round indeed. How many damn sentry guns did you have in that flag room?

Btw Funkblast it was me who was always destroying your teleporter outside the flag room, I think I heard you asking that on TS that night but never answered :p

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
We had 4 sentry guns (me, Haarg, Zer0, Funkblast). That's really the only way I want to play 2fort from now on. There's always at least one turret left over after the madness to finish off the ubered whatever after it wears off.

funkblast

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Aug 4, 2001
California
Visit site
Haha, that was a fun round indeed. How many damn sentry guns did you have in that flag room?

Btw Funkblast it was me who was always destroying your teleporter outside the flag room, I think I heard you asking that on TS that night but never answered :p

You son of a bitch, those teleporters were so young, so innocent, they never had a chance to teleport anyone :(:(:(

Oh, and count me in on the highlander game, I'm Demoman all the way baby.

Zarniwoop

is cool
Jan 20, 2008
Ceredigion, UK
Thanks to those who played my map earlier, the playtest has given me some ideas for layout tweaks I need to make. :):tup:

I was only on for about 7 or 8 mins, but I like the map; very playable layout, has all classes in mind. I did get a bit lost at first, but as soon as I got my bearings I found my way around easily. Good stuff!

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yeah I also got lost at first glance. You probably need some arrows and stuff like that, just to indicate bases and directions.

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
Uploaded alpha 3: http://slainchild.shackspace.com/files/ctf_creak_a3.zip

[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/ctf_creak_a30002.jpg[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/ctf_creak_a30004.jpg[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/ctf_creak_a30006.jpg[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/ctf_creak_a30005.jpg[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/ctf_creak_a30001.jpg[/screenshot]

Alpha 3
---------------------------------
+Added displacement terrain for the outside section
+Added rocks and foliage for cover outside
+Added health and ammo pickups
+New structure above flag capture zone, provides cover and limits the FOV of sentry guns built there
+New routes into the flagroom from the front sniper "bunker" room
+Added and tweaked lighting around the map

:)

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
I switched to the normal rifle after playing around with the huntsman. Can't get my head around it.

I've got the flare gun and axe for the Pryo, looking forward to the back burner. I also picked up the Ambassador for the Spy last night but what I'm waiting for is the Cloak and Dagger watch which will make it so much better being able to hide easier.

Cloak and dagger isnt that great TBH. The dead ringer is what you want to aim for.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Looking great slain, I hope you plan on adding a trim around this pool, makes a bit non-sense the way it is right now to me. But the outdoor and lighting is MUCH improved so far, yet far from final.

Zarniwoop

is cool
Jan 20, 2008
Ceredigion, UK
@Slainchild

I don't think I'm supposed to be able to do this :)
ctf_creak_a30000.gif

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
Dont mind what I said earlier actually. Cloak and Dagger > Dead Ringer.