Teaser Video (Beta 2)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
YEah if there's one thing that keeps me playing U2xmp, it's Raptors and Gutblows. Seriously, I get a kick out of boosting all over the place and ejecting in midair and getting back in and **** like that. It's also a quick smile when I get out of a Raptor still moving and gutblow myself in midair.

The UTXMP Raptor lacks something called "INERTIA". Um hello I have seen -zero- fixes related to that (if there are fixes get off teh tard-ass and document them plz). The U2XMP Raptor would roll, and roll, and roll when you got out of it. Always loved that, especially if it Gutblowed someone while it was rolling infinitely slow :p UTXMP Raptor stops on a dime when you eject (well not really but you get the point) :(

Bleeder

Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
GotBeer? said:
The Raptor does hug the ground too well right now, and is damn near invincible. Takes all the skill away from driving one (not that I have any). Also, it doesn't climb as well as in U2XMP, someone a while back suggested it could be the vehicle's weight or something like that.
Oh as for the invincible part...
again... seen ZERO fixes related to that... It's as if the front of the Raptor has shields on it or something... You can fire the shotty straight at the front and do little/no damage compared to U2XMP.

T-Shinzon

Sep 28, 2004
Not to mention the vehicle-on-vehicle collisions. The Raptor is damn near invincible in colliding with pretty much anything. In U2XMP it was great ramming Raptors into Juggs and Harbys into Raptors. Also similarly a Raptor should take a lot of damage when smashing into a wall at 70 mph.

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
Maybe a balance between U2XMP's explodes-when-hitting-a-rock Raptor and UTXMP's survives-dropping-from-Alcazar's-platform Raptor. Realistically, since the UTXMP Raptor sits lower, it should take MORE damage from rough terrain. Oh wait, this is UNREAL. :p

You guys are still talking about the first public beta..... and compairing it to XMP like it's the new beta2. You can't keep saying "the raptor is weak, you guys need to fix it", when you havn't even drivin in the new beta 2 yet. I really don't understand this thread now... :/

SwiftPaladin

Boing!
Feb 4, 2004
San Jose, CA
The Jackal-XMP said:
You guys are still talking about the first public beta..... and compairing it to XMP like it's the new beta2. You can't keep saying "the raptor is weak, you guys need to fix it", when you havn't even drivin in the new beta 2 yet. I really don't understand this thread now... :/
Bleeder said:
if there are fixes get off teh tard-ass and document them plz

...andrelax

SkyBum
Mar 14, 2004
london, uk
The Jackal-XMP said:
You guys are still talking about the first public beta....:/
of course! it's all we have to go on. it's good we're showing an interest hey.

by the way what were those new maps? - that spacey one looks entertaining... wonder if it's a low grav replacement for the everpopulat Freefall?? :p

Bleeder

Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
...andrelax said:
...that spacey one looks entertaining... wonder if it's a low grav replacement for the everpopulat Freefall?? :p
Gotta have carnival turrets for that (and for Minos and other maps).

Those new maps are wacked. At first they weren't in there becuase they were certain peoples maps that were having RL problems. Apparently there back to working on them and will be released. We havn't been able to play them becuase they weren't even close to being finished. FMI looks like they are back on track with the full team now.

T-Shinzon

Sep 28, 2004
Point? What point?

This thread is about dissecting the trailer and the current beta, isn't it?

fireball

Reach out and torch someone
The Jackal-XMP said:
Hey! I know!
Let's talk about something we don't have!

...andrelax

SkyBum
Mar 14, 2004
london, uk
"i hear that halo2 for pc is totally rubbish. i mean, those stupid software writers that made it, were they drunk?! it's SO EASY to write a game like that - they just didn't THINK!!! they should have asked me because MY opinion ...."
blah blah etc

[what forum does that sound like?]